Chapter Eleven- Gettin Out

Shelby's POV

For the past three days Michael has helped me eat, drink, walk, and move easier. Its been the best three days ever, and the hardest.

*two days ago*

Michael and I were watching TV when all of the sudden, I needed to:

"Uh Michael, I kinda need to-"

"you need to use the bathroom?" he interrupted

"yeah......" I said

I did NOT know how this was gonna go down. The reason i couldn't walk was because when I fell to the ground, i fell on the bed first and then to the wood floor, VERY HARDLY.

"here let me help you," he said, helping me up.

he took my hands in his and slowly pulled me up. I didnt know it was gonna be so damn painful.

"owww !" i cried, tears streaming down my face.

"its gonna be okay, just hold on to me," Michael said calmly.

"okay" i said crying.

it took us like 5 minutes to walk across the room it hurt so much. When we got to the door, he slowly opened the door and walked me inside. Then he sat me down on the toilet.

"Do you want me to stay in here, or leave?" he asked

"i want you to stay," i answered.

he sat on the edge of the bathtub and held my hand. I didnt have anything on under my hospital gown so I just had to sit down. As I started to go, it burned, I didnt know why put it did. I sat there squeezing the shit out of Michael's hand.

"ow ow owwww," I said crying. when I finished, I wiped and I was done. I just wanted to lay in the bed again.

Michael saw that I was in so much pain that he-

"You know what, youve worked yourself to much," he said. And then he picked me up like a baby back to my bed.

"im sorry youre in so much pain," he said setting me down.

"Its not your fault, I just wish I didnt hurt this much," I said.

"I know," he said pulling me into a large embrace.

"its gonna be okay, i promise. Im here," he said

Awww that made my day

"thank you, Michael, I really appreciate that," I said.

Then I fell asleep in his arms.

*present day*

"You ready to go?" Michael asked.

"yep," I said walking out of the bathroom, wearing normal clothes.

After I was to be discharged, Michael and I were gonna go on our date.

I was back to walking normally, it just slightly hurt a little bit.

We walked out to the front desk and after that I was discharged. Even though I could walk perfectly fine, they still made me sit in a wheelchair. Michael pushed me out of the building when the paparazzi came. When Michael saw them, he looked STUNNED. I mean, he's Michael Jackson, he deals with the paparazzi like EVERYDAY. Maybe he was more worried about me.

"Michael who is this girl?"

"Michael why is she hurt?"

"Is this your girlfriend Michael?"

"Umm excuse me, but could we please get through?" Michael said calmly.

"Michael who hurt her?"

"Michael look this way please!"

"Please move we need to get to the car," he said slightly irritated.

"Michael Michael Michael!" They would say

"Please answer, Michael!"

"PLEASE MOVE NOW WE NEED TO GET TO THE CAR!" He screamed at them, pushing me quickly to the car, me covering my face.

Michael's bodyguard Bill pushed the paparazzi back quickly and opened the door for me. Michael got in the other door and sat down.

"I'm am so so sorry! I had no idea they would be here, they can be so cruel sometimes!" He apologized.

"It's okay, Michael, I understand," I replied with

We drove for about 45 minutes and it was about 7:30pm. I had NO clue where Michael and I would be going, so I was kinda nervous. We sat in silence most of the time, only few times when Michael would say:
"Oh wow! I remember this!" He would say pointing to a building or something.

We eventually came to a restaurant a little bit outside of Gary, I'd never been.

It seemed fancy, but a little bit casual.

"Oh wow Michael! This place is so cool!" I said walking in.

"Glad you like it," He said laughing.

We went in and sat down to eat, no paparazzi, just people staring.

"This is kinda creepy, Michael. They're just staring," I laughed.

"Yeah, get used to it," He said laughing.

I hope I get to get used to it 😏

we talked for a while, and then our food came. and BOY was it good!

"Michael, thank you so much for this amazing dinner, I dont wanna leave you tonight," I said.

It was 9:54pm, and we were walking alone in a dark park nearby.

"Me either, we should do this again," he said, putting his hand in mine.

That made me happy!

"Yeah we should!" I said.

We walked for about 5 more minutes when He turned to me, looking serious.

"Shelby, I've only known you for a few days now , but I really like you, I really do," he said to me.

That's when my heart stopped.

"I like you to, Michael," I said, blushing.

"I hope you like me, the way I like you," He said

"I think I do, Applehead," I said. We were now facing each other, holding hands, then we started to lean in to-ya know!

A/N-lol

Then, all of the sudden

"LOOK! THERE THEY ARE!" I man screamed.

"Oh no," Michael said, grabbing my hand, running.
The paparazzi from earlier started chasing us, all the way back to the car.

"What are we gonna do Michael!" I said

"Come on we gotta go," Michael said, picking up speed.

He opened the car door and gently pushed me in.

Then he started crying.

"Oh Michael what's wrong?" I asked him

"I just don't wanna put you through that," He said

"Oh Michael, I told you earlier I liked you, the way you liked me, and I don't care if we have to go through that shit! I like you! I really do like you!" I said

"Oh Shelby thank you, I love you so much!" he said kissing my cheek.

"so what are we gonna do?" I asked.

"well, we cant stay in Gary, We gotta go," he said

"what about my family, they will be worried sick!"

"we will call them when we get there, I promise you," he said

"Where is "there?" i asked

"I dont know, Kenny, just drive south," Michael Said, and we were off.