Chapter 53: Dem Babies

Shelby's POV
August 29th 1988

Michael, Sofie and I are now on tour again. We didn't get to have a honeymoon, but touring the world is even better. Were now in Japan, and will be for the next couple weeks. Japan is such a amazing place, I wouldn't even have dreamt of coming here!

Today is Michael's birthday, and it's hard to to think my baby's 30! But sadly, Michael still has a show to put on, so his fans can be satisfied.

Usually, I will stand in the wings and watch him perform while holding Sofie, but she had been crying all day and I didn't want to mess up the show or worry Michael, so I just stayed home.

9:35am that day

"Wake up, My Applehead," I said, shaking Michael's adorable sleeping body.

"But I don't wanna," he whined into the pillow.

"Awww, But I cant let my baby not celebrate on his 30th birthday! Come on, mike," I urge him.

"Fine, But only for you and my little princess. Speaking of Sofie, where is she?" He asked, sitting up.

"In her usual place," I say, pointing to the crib next to the bed.

Michael then hopped up from the bed and picked up Sofie.

"Good morning Princess. Have you been in a good mood?" He asked, pulling her close in his arms.

"Well she's been crying all morning, im surprised she didn't wake you," I laughed.

"Why didn't you wake me up, I could have gotten her," he said

"Because, Applehead. It's your birthday! You already have to work. I didn't want to put that on you," I explained, messing up is curly hair even more.

"But I love cheering my princess up, it's what I do," he said.

"Well that doesn't matter now. What matters is that you have a show on your birthday and from now and until 7:30 when you have to leave, Sofie and I are gonna give you the best day ever! I mean, your 30 I just can't believe it!" I exclaimed.

"I can't either...... good god I'm 30!" He laughed.

"You are, and I'm only 27, so therefore you still have to take care of me," I laughed, kissing his cheek.

"You now I will," he giggled, taking Sofie into the living room.

Michael and Sofie say on the couch and watched tv for a while, while I took a shower.

This hotel was kinda set up weirdly. I really didn't like taking a shower because there was a giant window that could be seen by the entire street below.

For some reason, I felt really weird about something, but I didn't know what.

I got out of the shower, but right as I was about to put my towel on, a flash of light hit me.

"HEY GUYS! I GOT IT!" A muffled accent tried to say.

I quickly put on my towel and walked out of the bathroom, not thinking any of it.

"Hey Michael, your fans are all lined up outside, think you should go say hi?" I asked

"Good idea, I'll be right back," He then got up, changed into a blue button up shirt and walked to the window and opened it.

The crowd started screaming as he waved and blew kisses.

"I LOVE YOU!" He yelled

"LETS SEE THE BABY! THE BABY, MICHAEL!" Heavy Japanese accents tried to say.

I went ahead and put on a long silk robe with blue flower patterns, just in case Michael wanted me to go over there with him.

"Shelby! They wanna see the baby!" Michael called from the window.

"Okay hold on," I then walked over to the window, and handed Sofie to Michael.

Michael then got up from his seat at the window and held on from behind the window frame.

The crowd went absolutely wild at the sight of Michael holding Sofie.

Michael took his other hand and put it around my waist as we both waved at the crowd.

After a few minutes the crowd started singing happy birthday to Michael.
He looked really cute and a little embarrassed at the sight of all the fans singing to him, after a little bit, I joined in to.

7:30 that night

The after the little happy birthday thing with the crowd, Michael, Sofie and I spent rest of the day watching tv, we went on a picnic, and just doing small things together.

"Are you coming to the show?" Michael asked.

"Not tonight, I don't want Sofie to ruin it or make you worried. She's been crying all day," I said

"Okay, well I'm gonna go, bye love you," He said, kissing me.

"Love you to," I said

8:45pm

Sofie is asleep right now, when I get a phone call.

Me-"Hello?"

Woman-"Hello, this is the California department of adoption and foster care for children, and we understand that you and Michael Jackson are the parents to Sofia Jackson?"

Now I'm nervous.

Me-"yes ma'am that is correct"

Woman-" Okay well, we've found Sofie sibling, his name is Matthew, he's been living in an orphanage or his entire life, and we were wondering if you all would be interested in taking him in,"

Me-"Oh yes I'm sure Michael and I would be happy to look into him. We are in Japan right now, but I will definitely call you back, do you think you could give me some information about the boy?"

Woman-"certainly Ma'am, Okay so as I said his name is Matthew, he's four years old, his birthday is February 17th 1984, he's the sweetest little boy, and he really likes cars, Baseball, and Michael's music,"

Me-"Well he sounds perfect, when Michael gets back from his show tonight I'll talk to him. I'll get back to you, bye,"

Woman-"bye, and thank you"

11:00pm

I've been up all night waiting for Michael, when he finally comes into the hotel room.

"Hey Michael, how was the show?" I asked, kissing his lips.

"It was great! Probably one of our best!" He exclaimed.

"Michael, I have amazing news. I just received a call from-" I started, but was cut off by him.

"Can it wait until the morning? I'm sooooo tired," he joked dramatically.

"NOOOO! It can't! Now I got a call from a woman at the California department for adoption and foster care for children, and she said they found Sofie older brother, Matthew, they were wondering if we'd wanna take him! He's been in an orphanage for his entire life! He's only four," I explained.

"Wait, are you serious!" Michael said excitedly.

"Yep!" I said hugging him.

"Well of course we'll take him in! I want to give all children a good home if I could. Matthew Jackson is gonna make a great son!" He said, kissing my cheek.