chapter Twenty seven: Fixing the Problen

Michael' s POV
September 2nd 1987

I fucking hate the tabloids.

It hasn't even been a week since I found out about Shelby and the terrible things that she was doing to her already perfect body, and it's already on the cover of every magazine in the U.S

And they don't even know her name!!

Well, they would if The Clavin Klein company would put her picture on the Cover of the magazines instead of a picture of us getting into an ambulance.

I'm so pissed right now, this is private stuff, only between Shelby and I.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Mike? Is that you?" I heard Janet's voice say.

"Oh hey Dunk, what you up to?"

"Oh nothing, but how is Shelby? It's on like VERY magazine! When I was out today, people were literally BEGGING for just her name!"

Shit.

"Janet, can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, anything for you two right now," she said.

"Well, Shelby's having some sort of treatment for her anorexia, ya know, just helping her get back to a normal state, and-" I said

"Oh that poor baby! I didn't know she was anorexic!" Janet interrupted.

"But Janet, I want you to go out in public, anywhere, and tell them her name, maybe that'll get the tabloids out of our ass for a little while, heaven forbid they let this stuff be private," I asked of her.

"Yeah I understand, okay, I'm on my way out, bye mike! Love ya man," she said

"Love you to, Dunk, bye,"

Janet's POV

Okay, I have one mission: tell the public Shelby's name, and get the tabloids out of Michael's ass. "Easy enough," I thought.

I grabbed my purse, and some sunglasses, and headed downstairs.

"Where are you off to, Jan?" Mother asked from the living room.

"Ohh, just out," I lied

"Well okay, tell me when you get back," she said

As I was walking to the door, I heard a low, raspy voice say something.

"How's Shelby, Janet?" Joseph said from the stairs.

Wait, did he just ask that?? Does he actually care for once??

"She's getting better, Joseph, thank you for asking," I said smiling.

He nodded.

I walked outside to my car, deciding to go to the mall.

"Hey Jan!!" I heard Randy say from the pool.

"Hey, Randy what you doing here?"

"Oh just hanging, you off to tell the public about Shelby?" He asked

"How did you know?"

"Ohh I just picked up my phone to see whom it was, and then you picked up so I just  listened to the convo you and mike had,"

This little shit.

"Really Randy?"

"Yep, can I come with you?"

"Fine, come on," I said

At the mall.

"Alright follow my lead, Rand,"

"Okay, Jan,"

"Ready?"

"Ready,"

As soon as we walked into the mall, the questions were HEAVY.

"Janet! Janet? What's wrong with the myself girl?"

"Randy, who is she?"

They kept asking.

Finally, it was time.

I looked to Randy, as he nodded is head "it's go time,"

"HER NAME IS SHELBY HENDERSON!" I Said, as the whole area fell silent.

"And she's from Gary, She's Michael girlfriend, I-i mean, Randy and I refuse to answer any over questions about her, so don't waste your time. Michael sent me here today to tell you all this, as Shelby's health state is improving, but that is NONE of y'all damn business. So please, leave them alone for at least a day! Will you?" I pronounced.

It felt good to stand up for what was right.

I felt really good after that.