chapter four- A weird Meeting

Michael's POV

Her voice was absolutely beautiful. She hit all of the right notes, her voice was strong with the words, and she didn't stutter once. She was perfect. I couldn't help but give her a standing ovation as everyone clapped for her. She seemed very shy, and she blushed when she saw me. Not really surprising, because I see that way to much these days, but she seemed different. She brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear as she sat down. When she finally sat down she started fiddling with her necklace.

"Ohh looks like Mikey's gotta crush!" Jermaine whispered.

"Oh stop it, Jermaine!" I said back.

He wasn't wrong, but I get embarrassed VERY easily and when it came to girls, it got hard not to blush.

"Yeah Michael! You should talk to her after the service," Rebbie said to me, with a giant smile plastered across her face.

"I don't know Reb, she seems kinda young," I said.

I mean, I am 28, I was gonna be 29 in a few months.

"Oh stop it Michael! She looks like shes 25! That's nothing but a few years," Rebbie said.

"What are you proposing-" I started to say, but was interrupted by mother who said to be quiet. I felt like a child again when she said that. A good and a bad thing.

The service finished quickly and we all got up to talk to some people, the usual. To my surprise, no one asked us for autographs. What a relief!

Janet, mother and I were talking to pastor Greg when I said:

"Umm Pastor Greg, does there happen to be a bathroom around here?"

"Oh yes, I right down that hall and to the left," He replied with.

"Thank you so much, I'll be right back," I said

They nodded in response and I was off. I started down the hallway and quickly found the bathroom. I went in, did my business, and left. As I was walking, I noticed a group of people out the other end of the hallway, with uh oh- cameras!!

"Oh shit," I said to myself quickly.

"Michael! Michael! Michael," they would scream, as I started sprinting down the hallway and then I made a sharp turn and-

Boom!

I had just ran into Shelby! What do I do? We both fell to the ground, but I got up quickly, and helped her up.

"Are you okay?!?" I said to her

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks for helping me u-" She started, but I interrupted her with:

"Holy shit we gotta go!" I said grabbing her hand.

I didn't want her to get trampled by those ruthless photographers and writers. So we had to hide, and quickly.

"Wait what?" She said as we ran

"Just trust me, okay?" I said, squeezing her hand in mine.

"Okay," she said in her soft, sweet voice

As we ran down the end of the hall, I saw a door that led outside, so I pushed it open, setting us in the open afternoon.

"Here, follow me, I know were we can hide!" Shelby said, leading me to a line of tall bushes.

"On three, we push through the branches, okay?" She said

"Okay," I said quietly.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

And with that, we were alone.