BAKING CHRISTMAS COOKIES TOGETHER

Zayn“These are really good,” Zayn told you, though his face told you otherwise, as he took a bite of the cookies you’d just baked, “What type are they again?” “They were meant to be just plain, just sugar. I was going to decorate them to look like Santa.” Zayn took another bite, and his face looked even worse, “What do you mean ‘meant to be.’” You could hardly believe what had happened, even as you said it, “I mixed up your sugar and salt….” Knowing what he was now eating, Zayn immediately stopped, “So this is a salt cookie?” You nodded your head, and felt so bad, “Yeah, it is. I’m sorry. Thanks for being so sweet though. Next time, just tell me their awful. It won’t hurt my feelings.”

Liam
: “Everyone will be here soon!” You panicked, as you pulled the black cookies you had just baked from the oven. Liam glanced down at the tray, ”I thought you said you were baking sugar cookies?” You could not even look at the cookies as you nodded, “I burnt them. And now everyone will be here, and I promised to have cookies.” “They don’t smell bad,” Liam replied, picking up one of the cookies, thinking they couldn’t be that bad. One bite was all he needed to take though, to know he was completely wrong. He had to quickly walk to the trash and spit the cookie out. “Maybe I can run to the store and buy something already done.” You nodded sadly, “Yeah, that would be nice.”

Niall: The chocolate chip cookies you were baking, had been in the oven for only 2 minutes, when Niall began to open the oven door. “They must be done by now.” You said nothing, just watched curiously, as Niall saw the dough had barely began to bake at all. “I guess not.” Finally you laughed, “you didn’t really think they’d be done already? They take about 20 minutes.” Niall closed the oven, slightly disappointed, “They just smell so good!” You were glad he was so excited to try them, “Well give it another 15 minutes or so, and we’ll be enjoying extremely hot Christmas cookies.”

Harry: It had all started with you wanting to make a few cookies for Harry’s family, who were coming over for a small Christmas dinner; but that somehow had turned into you having dozens of cookies all over your kitchen. Harry stepped into the room, just as you were pulling yet another batch from the oven. “What are you doing? I thought you said a few cookies. We’re not that many people.” You looked around the room sheepishly, “well I couldn’t decide which type to make, so I just made them all.” Harry walked towards the first tray to grab a cookie, and took a bite. It tasted amazing, just like he knew they would. “At least these are all good. I’m sure they won’t go to waste. We’ll be able to give to everyone we know.”

Louis: “It’s everywhere,” you laughed, as you picked pieces of cookie dough from your hair. “I know,” Louis agreed, as he also picked the dough out of his own hair, “Maybe next time I should just let you bake.” You laughed off his suggestion, having truly enjoyed the past hour. “No way. This is way more fun. Who wants Christmas cookies, when you can have a cookie dough fight instead.” Louis laughed as well, while finding a few pieces in his pockets, “Maybe this can be our tradition.” It sounded insane, but you loved the thought, “Not sure how long it’ll last, but it could be interesting. Or maybe next year I’ll make sure you’re not here when I bake, but that doesn’t sound very fun.”