•Day 21• Ava

My day was going better than I thought it would

My day was going better than I thought it would. I was able to hold on. I didn't have even a single breakdown all day. That was a personal record for this week.

Ever since Shay left, I'd been feeling like there was nothing in my life worth living for. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't going to do anything to myself. Skott's story was enough to tell me that wasn't the best way to get rid of my problems. I couldn't do that to the ones I loved. No, all I wanted was to stop feeling this way. To stop getting hurt, to stop being an emotional rollercoaster. I needed calm and collected Ava more than ever.

Ted took my hand in his and that was when I remembered where I was. We were seated at a table outside in the special restaurant we went to on our first date, Pita Pan.

You can imagine why we chose this restaurant. It was Holly's Dad's suggestion. Who could resist going to a restaurant with a pun like that in its name, am I right?

Pita Pan was a fine dining restaurant, and although I wasn't a huge fan of those because of how quiet and formal one had to be in them, I couldn't help but fall for this place thanks to the food. And even better, they were looking to hire classical musicians. I'd seen the notice put up the last time I'd come with Ted, but only now did it dawn on me that it might be the perfect opportunity to earn some cash as well as get some practice performing in front of crowds. Plus, it could also help me get my mind off some things and have something to look forward to every week.

"Ted, you know how I play the violin?" I asked, suddenly more ready than ever for a change in my life. I didn't know where this sudden surge of energy had come from, but I felt like I was bursting with life. Ted threw me an inquisitive glance, motioning for me to go on.

"They're looking to hire someone who can play on Friday nights,"I said excitedly. Ted chuckled. "Someone seems enthusiastic. Have you seen my girlfriend Ava, by any chance?" he joked.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's that supposed to mean?" I said, trying to keep my tone light, but failing miserably. He shrugged, starting to look nervous. He knew I was as fragile as glass right now and he was scared of breaking me. I wasn't doing so well at this point and he was frightened that if he said something wrong he'd tip me over the edge. He wasn't wrong to think that. Sometimes even I was scared about what I could do to myself. I'd never seen this version of myself before.

"I don't know, Av, you just overthink things a lot. It's not a bad thing, though,"he added quickly. I gave him a long look, then my lips quirked into a smile. I shot up from my chair as if there was a needle stuck upright underneath me. "Then you know what? I'm going to prove to you that I can be spontaneous when I want to be,"I said, still unsure of where this confidence was coming from. This wasn't anything like me. I was sassy and sarcastic, sure. I wasn't afraid to speak my mind, sure. But all of that took quite a lot of convincing in my head before I actually did anything. Most people thought I was the most confident and outgoing person they knew, but only Ted knew how much went on in my head. Was I really going to do this?