•Day 26• Ted

"EM, THAT IS AMAZING," Thea squealed

"EM, THAT IS AMAZING," Thea squealed. Yes, squealed. Thea. Thea squealed. It was the most out-of-ordinary event I had ever witnessed in my life. She better have been pretty damn excited if she actually squealed. 

"Woah, woah, woah. Should I call an ambulance? Is her head alright?"I asked Emma, and she burst out laughing. The two of them sported the widest grins on their faces. For what, I had no idea. I was itching to find out what the hell was going on. Why didn't anybody tell me anything anymore?

"You better. I think she fell pretty hard,"Emma chuckled. Thea threw her a look. "I'm the one who fell pretty hard?" Emma's cheeks flushed and she looked at me, waiting for my reaction. I didn't give her one. I was confused beyond measure. Thea threw a look at Emma, silently asking whether I can be in on the secret. Emma shrugged and grinned, clearly on board with the idea of sharing her happiness with the world. 

Suddenly, she looked like she'd just seen a ghost. "No, wait, Thea. I need to tell Will first." Thea looked like she'd been slapped. Extremely concerned for her friend, she placed her hand on her shoulder. "How are you going to do that?" she asked softly, worry etched on her features. 

Emma sighed. "We'll see when the times comes." Thea nodded, then asked her who else knew. I glared at the two of them for conveniently leaving me out, then continued to wash the dishes when I realized they weren't paying me any attention. 

"No one. Perhaps Ava, because you know...."They shared a knowing look. "But otherwise, no one." At the mention of Ava, my head shot up from the sink. That's when the two of them finally took notice of me. With a sly grin, I wiped my wet hands on my jeans and looked at each of them individually. "So, you say my girlfriend, who never keeps secrets from me, who loves me very much, WHO NEVER KEEPS SECRETS FROM ME, knows something about Emma? Now that's interesting,"I kept smiling till it drove Emma off the edge. 

"Ted, don't you dare do anything that might jeopardize my first shot at love,"Emma threatened. Emma was pretty scary when she was mad, I'll admit, but this time I couldn't help but laugh. The situation amused me. I was dying to know who Emma's mystery girl was so that I could tease her about it. I mean, what else were best friend's brothers meant for? Let me rephrase that: what else were best friend's brothers meant for when the best friend was a lesbian?

"Aw, come on, Em. You told my girlfriend but you won't tell me? What happened to 'I'm not even that close to Ava'?" I asked, bringing up our conversation that one night. She glared at me. "I didn't tell Ava! She did!"

As soon as the words slipped out of her mouth, her eyes went wide and she placed her hands over her mouth. I chuckled. "It's okay, you didn't even say her name." She looked like she wanted to crawl in a corner and die, both in panic and frustration. I'd never seen her so flustered. Whatever was bothering her had to be pretty bad for her to act like this. "Sorry, I said it in my mind so much that I thought I said it aloud. Alora's kind of always on my mind, you know,"she smiled uneasily, and Thea facepalmed.