•Day 53• Brynn

"The rankest compound of villainous smell that ever offended nostril

"The rankest compound of villainous smell that ever offended nostril."

Great to see you too, Draven. 

"I am sick when I look down on thee." I wasn't going to lie, arguing with this dimwit was probably the highlight of my day. Probably because I always won.

"You poor, base, rascally, cheating lack-linen mate!" He shouted, not having a care in the world. That's something I respected about him. He was never afraid of what others thought. Although it was evident he was the type of mystery boy who hid his feelings behind a steely gaze and a permanent smirk, he didn't hold back from having his share of fun. He was bold, open. With his passions, but not his pain.

Or maybe he hid nothing and he was just bored.
The former was more exciting, though.

"Methink'st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee." My absolute favourite Shakespearean insult of all time. 

"All's Well That Ends Well! My personal favourite," he said, and I grinned. Here we were, two hopelessly dramatic souls who shared a love for Shakespearean insults. Who would've thought I'd have met someone like him?

"Away, you starvelling, you elf-skin, you dried neat's tongue, bull's pizzle, you stock-fish!" I continued, ignoring him. 

He held up his hands in surrender. "Fine, fine, I'm leaving!" He chuckled, backing away. "But I'll catch you at lunch?"

Charmer. A reckless useless charmer. That's all he was. But who could blame him for trying to get me, right?

"We're not friends, Hall," I shrugged, about to turn away. I expected that to catch him off guard, but instead he looked amused. 

"Friends? With you? Yes, thank God we aren't. We've got to practice our lines, you sodden-witted fool!"

And with just one line, he could make me feel so unbearably stupid. Why was it that only around him I could lose the upper hand so easily? Why did there have to be someone so equally stubborn, pretentious and pathetic as I was?

"Lines?" I asked, puzzled. 

"Yes, the lines! Did you not see the cast list? You, surprisingly, are the female lead."

He said it as if he was truly surprised by the fact, and not as if he was expecting it all along, although begrudgingly. That disappointed me. I had to make it my goal to put him in his place and never find a chance to underestimate me again.

In my head, I was in Utopia. I couldn't believe that I'd actually landed the part in my first school production.

"Well, obviously. What'd you expect?" Rule number one: never break character.

"Absolutely nothing from you, and that's why I'm surprised," he replied nonchalantly.

"Prepare to be even more surprised when you see me on stage," I smiled coyly.