•Day 33• Ava

The social hierarchy at our school fit the stereotype perfectly

The social hierarchy at our school fit the stereotype perfectly. We had the cheerleaders, the athletes, the theatre kids, the emos and the nerds. Somehow, Holly had managed to fit herself into every one of those groups. 

The cheerleaders and the girl's football team were always at war with one another. The former consisted of the pretty, sweet girls with the angelic smiles, whereas the latter comprised the tough, badass ones who could break your bones if they wanted to, but still looked good doing it.

Cassandra, captain of the cheer team, and Veronica, captain of the girl's football team, were arch-enemies. There was no doubt that Brynn would work her way into rivalling with these two.

"We're screwed, aren't we?" Will asked.

"Who said there's going to be a 'we' in any of this?" I retorted.

Okay, so maybe I felt a sprinkle of sympathy for this guy. I mean, it was pretty obvious he couldn't survive without me. I couldn't deny that I was still mad at him, though.

"Ava, I'm sorry,"he said softly, picking up the roses Brynn threw on the floor earlier. He handed them to me with a lopsided grin on his face, and I couldn't help but smile back. 

"I hate roses,"I snapped, mocking Brynn. "But you love me,"Will shot back. Although he was joking, a part of him looked fearful of me denying it. But how could I? He was my best friend. Although I loved Holly, Will was the one stable force I could depend on. I'd focused my high school years on keeping those two together. I wasn't  going to back out now.

I shrugged. "Kinda sorta." 

Will wrapped his arms around me in an instant. "Thank you,"he said. And that was better than any apology he could ever give me for what he had done. 

"Okay, Lover Boy. That's enough. Now what do you want?" I asked, pushing him off me, still unable to stop smiling. 

"I think it was better when you were ignoring me,"Will joked. Or at least I hoped he was joking. 

"Too late to go back now!" 

"Ready for Project Mirror, Mirror Part Two?"he asked. 

I should have known then what danger I'd put Holly into. The Evil Queen wanted Snow White's heart, and so I, as the huntsman, gave it to her. I should've known then that Will wasn't her Prince Charming after all. He was just the Evil Queen in disguise.

If only I'd known, I wouldn't have said yes.

. . . .

"Hey, what's going on here?"Veronica asked, striding into the room with her natural swagger. All eyes were on her as she settled into a chair at the far end of the room. 

So far, we had Emma and Kevin taking care of Alora, Ashley and the cheer squad for Daisy, Riley and The Group for Elody, and me, Ted and Will for Holly.

"We need your help,"I said, and The Group started to look uneasy. To them, she was royalty. How could a mere peasant like me be asking for help from royalty?

"With what?"Veronica asked uncertainly, eyeing me with suspicion.

"I need you to put a girl in her place."

"That's easy. Grab me a stapler, some duct tape and my boxing gloves. How much are you paying me?" she deadpanned. 

Riley giggled, and I could hear Thea telling her to shut up. Ver's dominance radiated in the room. 

"Love, satisfaction and gratitude?"

Veronica groaned. "I'm out of here, Wang,"she said, grabbing her bag and getting up. 

"Holly has a new alter, Brynn. She's Regina 2.0 and will probably make a move on Matt the second she lays eyes on him."

That caught her attention. Veronica and Matt had been together for four months now, and saying she was overprotective was the understatement of the year. Matt was your drool-worthy bad boy. Obviously half the female population was in love with him. 

The other half was in love with Ted. Cassandra was the good girl and Ver was the bad. Ted and Matt had a similar relationship. The fact that Matt's ex was Ashley- one of Cass's cronies- made Ver all the more over-protective. Having been with Ted, I should'd been arch-enemies with Veronica too, but somehow we didn't end up that way. The support group had a way of bringing people on opposite sides of the spectrum together. 

"Girl, I don't recruit Barbie dolls. I'm sure Cassandra and her pretty princesses would love to help."

Ashley looked she wanted to defend her squad, but backed out when she saw the venomous look on Veronica's face.

I smirked. "Who said I wanted her on your side?"

Ace's eyebrows shot up. Ralph drew in a breath. Riley looked like she wanted to giggle again, but Thea's glare refrained her.

"Count me in."

"The monster's found friends,"Will said, popping into the doorway. 

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be in love with her?" Ver asked, confused. 

"You clearly haven't met her yet,"Will laughed. Ver cracked a smile at that. 

It struck me as odd that Will would say such a thing. After all, Ver had a point. Didn't Will vow that he would fall in love with every single part of Holly?

Was Brynn the real monster or was it him all along?

"I had no idea Holly had a twin sister,"Andrew said out of the blue, and everyone turned to gawk at him. 

"I'm sorry, alright! I genuinely believed Ted and Thea were the only twins in the group,"he said. Ashley, Riley and Stacy lost their shit.

"I thought nerds were supposed to be smart,"Ver muttered, giving me a knowing look and leaving the room. 

"Hey, so Andrew... Who's Daisy?" Thea asked, searching his face for some kind of recognition. He snapped his fingers in delight.

"The walking flower from Oswald!" he said in glee. 

Ace gave him a pat on the back, while I was left unable to comprehend his high levels of intelligence.

Realising I had a mission to complete, I grabbed Will and made a run for the corridor, ready to watch the next stage of our plan set to action. 

Little did I know that Snow White had already taken a bite from the poison apple.

. . . .

A/N Team Veronica or Team Brynn? Let me know in the comments!