•Day 30• Elody

The night before, I had a dream in which Will asked me out

The night before, I had a dream in which Will asked me out. Everything was normal in my life, except for the fact that I had a grandfather and Will kept calling me random flower names. The best part was that he asked me out by calling me Poppy, to which I responded by saying "Yes, Martin." I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach just thinking about it. Was Will really that romantic or was it just a dream? The worst part was that I wished he was.

In fact, it wasn't just last night. Even that morning when I'd woken up, something about me felt off. I kept getting these flashes of memories that weren't mine. An image of a letter kept flashing in my mind. It was a hate letter by the looks of it, and I kept crying.

The oddest part was that I was wearing a cheer uniform. Yes, I, Elody Mills, the clumsiest girl in the world, in a cheer uniform. And it felt so real!

Logging onto Wattpad, I decided that the only way to keep track of all these little dreams and fragments of memories was to write about them. By doing so, I wasn't only preserving every little moment, I was making them into art. Perhaps when I read them afterwards, I'd be able to piece together more information and get some clarity as to what was going on.

It was especially ironic considering that I'd just read the book 'Thanks for the Memories' by Cecelia Ahern the previous night, which was all about a girl who was receiving memories from a man who had donated his blood to her. By any chance did I happen to have had an accident and gotten blood from a girl named Daisy?

I decided to write a poem inspired by the book, too, in case I ever wanted to look back and find out more on this mysterious dream of mine.

"Elody, quick, hide me!" I heard a voice whisper urgently from behind me. I turned to see Ava hiding behind a set of lockers, desperately trying not to be seen. "Woah, wait, why?" I asked her, looking out for whoever she was hiding from.

"I'll explain later, just cover for me,"she begged. I cracked an evil smile. "And why should I do that?" I asked slyly. I was merely playing with her, of course. I would do anything for her without her having to explain it to me. I didn't mind doing favors. I just wanted to see what she'd say, that's all.

She sighed and handed me a little slip of paper. I chuckled when I realized it was one of the coupons I'd given her for her birthday. This one read "Use this when you want me to lie to cover for you."

"What should I say and to who?"

"If Ted asks, I'm not here,"she whispered, and as if on cue, Ted appeared in front of me, panting as if he'd just run a marathon.

"Have..... you......seen....Ava?"he asked, gasping for air.

I pretended to look surprised. "Ava? Who's Ava?"

I thought I heard Ava face-palming from behind me.

Ted looked annoyed. "My girlfriend Ava! I swear, I just saw her walking around here a moment ago....."

I was starting to get amused. "You have a girlfriend? I find that hard to believe..."I remarked, glancing at my nails. Wow, I was so Daisy today.

Daisy? Who's Daisy? What the hell is up with me today?

"Elody, cut it out, will you? I need to talk to Ava,"he said tiredly.

I felt bad for him, but I wasn't going to back down no matter what. Although these coupons looked like cheap last-minute gifts, I'd spent a great deal of time writing out the consequences that could possibly follow if Ava used one on me. In simple words, they held a lot of value and I felt like they were an integral part of my friendship with Ava. It was like a token of my trust.

I shrugged. "Ava who now?"

Then Ted began to look nervous. "Elody, do you really not remember her?"

I tried my level best to hide my laughter. Come on, Elody, let your inner actress shine.

"I have absolutely no clue who you're referring to. I have never met this mysterious girlfriend of yours and-"I blinked a couple of times as if I was unsure where I was. "Who are you? I don't believe we've met. My name is Daisy."

I wanted to laugh so hard right then because the look on his face was priceless. His skin turned pale and no longer was he gasping for air. Instead, he looked like he was about to faint. I hoped Ava watched the whole thing from behind the lockers because this moment was so worth it.

The moment Ted left, Ava came out bearing a stoic expression.

"Who's Daisy?" she asked in a neutral tone. That wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting.

"Oh, I don't know,"I laughed. "The name just popped in my head so I went along with it."

At first she was merely chuckling, then she burst into fits of laughter and I joined her. Together we sank to the floor, cradling our stomachs and wiping tears from our eyes. "The look on his face!" she gasped.

"I can't believe he's so gullible!" I giggled.

"Do you think he knew you were lying?"Ava asked, still laughing like a maniac.

"Not even the slightest bit. The poor guy..."I sighed.

"But you really have no clue who Daisy is?" Ava asked, in all seriousness.

I shrugged. "Not the slightest clue. Why?"

She shook her head. "No, no reason. Your acting was mind-blowing, might I add."

I grinned. "Really? The hours I spend in front of the mirror must have paid off,"I laughed, only half-joking.

"Using that coupon was so worth it,"Ava said. I smiled. "I'm so glad I made them."

Right then, Riley walked out of class holding a pile of books in her arms. Ava shot up to help her. "Hey Riles,"I waved, too lazy to get up.

"Thanks for the help, Els,"she muttered, sticking her tongue out. I stuck my tongue out too, and Ava rolled her eyes. "I'm friends with two eight-year-olds. Great."

"She's just like Emma!" Riley and I said at the same time, then burst out laughing. Ava looked amused. "Wow, telepathetic too."

"I think the word you're looking for is telepathic-"Riley interjected, but Ava waved her off. "No, no, telepathetic is pretty accurate, actually."

A few hours later, Ava and I made it to Riley's house to just hang out. I hadn't gotten to ask Ava about Ted yet, but I was planning on doing so when the time was right. I just wished she trusted me as much as I trusted her.

Sometime in the middle of our conversation, I felt the urge to get a breath of fresh air, so I told the girls I would be back in a few minutes.

When I stepped out into the garden, I was faced with the last person I wanted to see.

He was the one who once meant everything to me, but who I now refused to acknowledge the existence of.

He was the missing piece of me I didn't need.
. . . . .

A/N Follow elsofholly for more backstories! I'm going to be posting poetry from her account which will be related to her past, so you can start putting together the pieces of Elody's life.

This was a calm before the storm chapter, but I really hope you like it anyway!
~Via