•Day 37• Holly

"I'm in the lead!" I yelled, laughing like a maniac, keeping my eyes fixed on the screen before me.

"You're going down!" Will yelled back, pressing harder on the remote, knowing full well that that wasn't going to help him.

"No, no, no Yoshi, you're not beating me," I chanted over and over again like a mantra. If I lost this game, I would be one rank lesser than Will, and if he won overall, I had to go shopping with him. Shopping- the horror!

"Blue shell alert!" Will chirped, a huge grin making its way onto his face.

I gasped. "Did you throw that?" I wanted to slap the grin off. How dare he?

"Being twelfth has its perks!" He laughed. With horror, I realized that he was catching up to me. How he was at twelfth place for even a moment surprised me because the two of us were self-proclaimed experts at MarioKart. Even worse, I wasn't in the lead any longer. Damn that stupid blue shell!

"Holly, you're going to drown! You went into the dark blue water!" Will shouted, as I struggled to steer myself out. Ah, sweet little Will. He doesn't realize that there's no such thing as being nice in MarioKart.

"Why can't that stupid turtle man just let me drown? I mean, it's obviously better to die than be in twelfth pla- BULLET BILL! BULLET BILL! THAT MYSTERY BOX GAVE ME A BULLET BILL!"

"And that, everybody, concludes our lesson on the perks of being in twelfth place," Will announced dramatically, making me laugh despite the heavy emotional stress I was going through. Being in seventh place with a red shell chasing you is scary, okay?

"I'm almost th-" Will paused the game, then shot me a death glare. "HOW DARE YOU?" He shouted, making me laugh with glee.

"A banana peel is nothing compared to the blue shell you sent me earlier." I shrugged innocently, then leaned over to press play on his remote. I was doing a good job of beating him so far, evidently. I just needed to get that stupid Yoshi out of the way.

"Why does Peach giggle so much?! It's like Ava's reaction to your dad's jokes. Seriously, scariest thing I've ever seen. I get nightmares sometimes," Will shuddered.

"Mario's lame! I'd prefer Luigi any day," I retorted, causing Will's mouth to drop open in shock.

"You said what?" He asked, his voice rising in a mix of betrayal and amusement. Realizing he was at a loss, he discarded his remote and proceeded to attack me.

"NO! STOP TICKLING ME! I'M ABOUT TO WIN!" I screamed in between giggles. Although I loved Will, interrupting a game of MarioKart was so not cool.

"YOU DESERVE IT," he yelled back, obstructing my view of the screen. I groaned. "Leave me alone!" I shouted, in between giggles, trying my hardest to push him off of me.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" I yelled, and he didn't stop with the tickling. "For what?" he asked innocently, being his ever-so-annoying self. "For being honest with you," I shrugged and he dramatically placed a hand over his heart. Taking that as an opportunity to escape, I made a grab for my remote and resumed the game.

"Holly, you're crazy," Will remarked with a smile. He had a little twinkle in his eye when he looked at me and it always made me blush. "For you," I replied smoothly, and he leaned his head on my shoulder, just as Peach crossed the finish line. In eleventh place.

I sighed. "I blame you." Will chuckled. "You still beat me," he said, to which I laughed.

"I can't believe you're such a bad driver in real life," he said, and I smacked his head. "I'm not that bad!" I protested. Will raised his eyebrows. "Really, Holly, really?"

I chuckled. We both knew the answer to that one. I leaned on Will's shoulder, trying to memorize every last detail of that moment. Will was staring off into space, his lips tugged up into a smile and his eyes alight.

"How can you be thinking about someone else when I'm right next to you?" I teased, poking his arm. His eyes widened in guilt, and I immediately grew anxious. I was merely joking, but his reaction took me aback. Was he hiding something from me?

"I'm sorry, Hols," he said softly, stroking my hair. "But it's really not my fault that your alters are just as wonderful as you are." I immediately felt terrible for letting it cross my mind for even a second that Will was thinking of someone else. He was loyal and I loved him for it. How could I doubt him? I pushed the thoughts out of my mind and looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Which one?" I asked, unable to tone down my curiosity. I craved to know more about them. They were a part of me, after all. They were the little voices in my mind that I didn't want to keep for myself. I wanted them to become people and see the world as I saw it.

"Daisy," he said, his smile widening as soon as he said her name. My heart did a backflip when I saw how happy the thought of her made him. Seeing Will in such high spirits made me happy.

"Tell me about her," I pleaded, a smile playing on my lips. Will smiled too, then took my hand in his. A flicker of hesitation passed over his face as he pondered over my request, but he started to speak anyway.

"She has long, straight platinum blonde hair that's always tied up high with a blue ribbon matching the color of her cheer uniform," he began, and I snuggled in closer to him. I felt like a little kid hearing a story before going to bed.

"She has striking blue eyes that are so beautiful you can get lost in them," he continued, and I lifted my head off his shoulder., ruining the perfect moment. "They're contacts, doofus. My real eyes are brown!"

He chuckled. "That's precisely why they're beautiful."

I then attacked him with a throw pillow, while he attempted to tickle me to death. I hated to admit that he was winning. I toppled off the couch, laughing like a maniac and Will slid down too to give me company.

"Can you get some blankets, pillows and a torch?" I asked softly.

"Are we making a fort?" Will asked, matching my enthusiasm.

"You know me so well."

I craved those innocent moments of our relationship. Slow dancing in the rain, building forts and pretending we were under attack by pirates even though we were far too old to be doing that, stargazing on my front porch, holding hands in the hallways and helping my dad make dinner. I liked making him smile and taking pictures of him when he wasn't looking. I liked lying in his arms and cuddling up in his favorite olive green hoodie. I liked writing him notes in class and driving together when the weather was nice outside. I loved him.

Oh, and I also loved slaughtering him at MarioKart.

. . .

A/N So I know I said that I'd take a break from Wattpad and all that, but honestly I'm a mess and writing makes everything more tolerable. I hope you liked this chapter and if so, tell your friends/ siblings/ uncle/ grandma/ dog about it because I love getting new readers!

Thanks for everything! <3