•Day 53• Will

"Do you think she'll like this?" I asked apprehensively, running a hand through my hair

Ted put a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me through the mirror.

"She'll love it," he said confidently. "If there's anyone Brynn could fall for, it's a man who dresses to impress."

"I don't feel like much of a man right now," I joked, sneaking a peek at the awful state my room was in. There were shirts strewn all over the bed, shoes piled up in one corner and a jumble of colours in all styles, colours and patterns possible scattered all over the floor. My mom, being a fashion designer herself, would've been thrilled to see that I was finally putting her designs to use.

"To hell with you and your stereotypical jokes," Ted said with a little wave of the hand.

"What, is Ava still on your case about the driving jokes?" I couldn't help but laugh. Ted only chose to be a good person when Ava forced him to be. It was amusing how much power she had over him.

"We really have to stop," he said, but his smirk told me that that wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

"But in all seriousness, you look great. Stop messing with your hair," he said, slapping my hand.

"Am I overdressed?" I asked worriedly, knowing I was just overthinking things. Or was I? I mean, what if she turned up in jeans? But it was Brynn we were talking about, and she never wore jeans. What if she wore jeans just to throw me off?

"Will, Jesus. Calm down. It's just a date!" Ted said, turning me away from the mirror.

"Just a date? JUST A DATE? It's Brynn, Ted. She's judgmental, dramatic and scary," I said, then began to realize how dumb I was being. She was my date, not a monster in my closet.
Obviously, Mike and Sully were so much nicer.

"It's starting to sound like you don't even want to go," Ted said, eyeing me with suspicion. I hated that look on him, it reminded me of Ava.

"Of course I do!" I protested meekly. He tried giving me the look again, but replaced it with an encouraging smile, which was somehow even worse.

"Nothing can go wrong when you're wearing a suit," Ted said, proud of his little piece of advice.

I shrugged. "I mean, if she  shows up in jeans...."

Ted put his hands up on frustration. "Get out," he said, pushing open the door.

He shoved me outside before I had any time to protest, then slammed the door in my face for dramatic effect. He and Ava were perfect for each other, I'll tell you that.