•Day 30• Ava

Sometimes, when you are hoping to invoke a certain reaction from someone, it feels too good to be true when they give you exactly what you'd wanted

Sometimes, when you are hoping to invoke a certain reaction from someone, it feels too good to be true when they give you exactly what you'd wanted. So good to be true that it loses its rarity value and you start hoping they'd given you the opposite reaction instead, just to increase the hype over the situation. That's exactly what it felt like when I told Riley about Ted.

"He's not worth it,"she said. That's all I'd wanted to hear, but I was surprised to find out that a part of me had been hoping she would encourage me to get back together with him and forget what happened. 

"Don't waste your time. You gave him a chance despite how opposed you are to the idea of letting someone into your walls. He broke not only your trust, but Holly's and Will's too. Let him go."

"Speaking of Will..."I started, and she silenced me. "No. I refuse to talk about him until I get over the fact that he kissed Thea."

I think my surprised, because Riley proceeded to explain it to me. "First of all, it was wrong to cheat on Holly. Second of all, he hurt Thea more than she lets on. I'm not going to tolerate someone who hurt my best friend."

My heart swelled with envy for their group. Their love for each other was so evident in the things they said and the way they acted around each other. They were so fiercely protective, as well as loyal. Ted, Will and I hadn't lasted more than a week, no surprise there. 

"Do you think I should tell Elody about Ted?" I asked, hoping for a positive response. I wanted to be open with Elody, just like how I was with Holly, Daisy and Alora. I needed to tell all of them, eventually. Elody was just first on the list.

"You don't need me to answer that for you. Go get her, Av,"Riley said, giving me a little pat on the shoulder as reassurance. I sure did need it. 

I opened the back door to the garden, expecting to find Elody on her phone, reading some book or the other. Instead, I was appalled to find Elody sitting beside a dark-haired boy with fair skin , who looked absolutely nothing like his dark-skinned curly-haired sister. Riley was adopted, so again, no surprise there.

They seemed to be having a rather intense conversation, and before I closed the door behind me in order to give them some privacy, Elody's head swiveled in my direction. 

"Hey, Ava, wait!" she called, just as I was about to leave. 

I stood still as she climbed down from the fence where she was formerly seated. "I can come back later, if you-"I started, but Elody was quick to interject. "No, no, it's alright. I was just leaving anyway."

It was only then that I realized she'd been crying. Her eye were red-rimmed and glassy, her face tired and puffy. I took her hand in mine and squeezed, hoping she got my message. It'll be okay.

She squeezed back, and although I couldn't tell for sure, it seemed like she was saying I know it will. 

Once we'd made our way back inside, I decided it was time to ask her what was wrong. I'd been waiting too long to uncover her mysteries. I was going to come clean, and I hoped she would too, once and for all.