•Day 60• Will

Eve's ballet performance was this weekend, so Holly's Dad was out, and to his delight, he'd taken Mrs

Eve's ballet performance was this weekend, so Holly's Dad was out, and to his delight, he'd taken Mrs. Reed with him. The play got cancelled because we'd lost our two leads, and the two understudies, Thea and I, had no motivation to go through with it. 

Ava was gone for good, and Ted was still a mess. I was excited for her, though. She could start over, far from here. A new life. 

Shay and Ted had gotten closer over the past few days, no doubt bonding over their loss. I knew that it would take a long time for Ted to truly move on, but he was going off to college with a football scholarship in a few months anyway. He'd find someone. 

Thea and I were both starting at the local university a couple of blocks away. We knew we could do better, but with all the drama that had unfolded over the course of senior year, all we wanted was to stay close to home. 

Emma had left to stay with her father, and no one had heard from her since. Alora's death had been too painful for her. It was ironic how we'd started our journey to make people happy and save the alters, and in the end we were left with half of who we'd started with.

Project Mirror, Mirror was over. I'd like to consider Elody a victory, even though I never made a move on her. At least she was alive and happy. That's all that truly matters. 

We lost Daisy, who seemed fragile, but was a warrior. She battled through the notes, which we'd finally discovered were written by Brynn. How could we not know? Self sabotage was written all over her face. In the end, Daisy left to join her true love: Grandad. We lost her too early, but she was home now. 

Brynn was gone too, and that was entirely our fault. Mirror, Mirror had sprung out of control, and we'd formed groups within ourselves. In the name of helping out, we'd lost an alter. If we hadn't put up such a divided front, maybe she'd still be alive now. We would never know. 

I'd never fallen in love with Alora, but I knew why Emma did. She was hilarious, sarcastic and full of life, despite her dreary clothing choices. She cared about everyone and she let me down gently to spare my feelings. That night in the park all that time ago had been magical, although nothing had come out of it. 

I didn't regret not telling Elody how I felt. I feared I'd made too much of a mess already by mixing all the girls and all the worlds. I should've been content with Holly, and Holly alone. She was all I cared about from the start, and I let my feelings for her cloud my judgement. 

Riley was going to take a gap year to focus on her music. I'd heard through the grapevine that she'd finally given Andrew a chance, and that the two had just gone on their first date. At least we knew romance wasn't dead. 

As for Cassandra and Veronica, they'd finally left their differences aside and had become friends again. Surprising as it was, Cassandra the anti-romance dictator had a long-distance Indian boyfriend. He was coming to visit in the summer, and she was beyond no means thrilled.