•Day 32• Alora

Everyone wants to fall in love

Everyone wants to fall in love. I think people are more in love with the idea of it than the feeling of it. When I fell in love, it felt like falling with a parachute. It was frightening, yet exciting. When I fell for Emma, I'd not only fallen for the idea of  love, but the idea of falling in love with her.

"Do you really think this is a good idea?"she asked, squeezing my hand so hard I wanted to scream. But I just smiled through the pain.
Ha, I'm not depressed, don't worry. Mostly.

"Positive." I squeezed her hand back, twice as hard, and she yelped. "Ouch, what was that for?!"she shout-whispered.
I shrugged, trying to ease the smile off my face. "At least we know it's not going to hurt as much as your hand."

Em chuckled. "You're an idiot."
"An idiot you love,"I added smugly, resting my head on her shoulder. We looked through the window of the support group, hoping nobody saw us while we waited for Emma to stop being a chicken and work her way through her nervousness. I mean, what could go wrong? It was just a group of depressed teens talking about their depressing lives and what to do to get out of being depressed. Sorry to be blunt, but hey, isn't the first step to happiness acceptance? Besides, we all knew we needed a place to vent out. What better way than to talk to people who knew where you were coming from?
Actually, it would be pretty creepy if they knew where I was coming from. I bet you could stalk loads of people from that huge-ass window.

"Em, that one's looking at us!" I whispered, pointing at a redhead seated next to Ava. Emma shoved my hand down. "Don't point at her!"

I rolled my eyes. "We can't just watch them from here forever, you know. It's pretty creepy. Hey, look! Ava's saying hi. Wave to her!"

"Put your hand down!" Emma hissed. She made a face at me, clearly flustered. I cupped her cheek. "They probably have too much crap going on in their own lives to bother judging yours."
Emma smiled. "I love my crap,"she said, kissing me on the cheek.

I grimaced. "I take that back. I'm judging you. Very, very hard." A new light had entered her eyes. She was calmer now. Braver. She looked like she could conquer the world.
Not that she could, though. How could she conquer me?

I'm starting to think like Dad. More like a wannabe Dad, though. His jokes are kind of funny. Just kind of.

Without another word, I watched Em open the door and enter the room with her head held high. Everyone was too engrossed in Ray's sob story to take notice of her, but I did. And I was proud.

Also, can I leave now? This support group stuff is most definitely not my forte.

"Do you think I should introduce myself now or something?" Emma asked, at the exact moment Ray had finished talking. There was dead silence in the room and I'm pretty sure not one person had missed out on what Emma had said to me. Way to make a first impression, I'm telling you.