•Day 36• Riley

"Okay, Austin, it's a Brynn day and that means I've got to help Ava clean up the mess she's going to create,"I said, to an uninterested Austin

"Okay, Austin, it's a Brynn day and that means I've got to help Ava clean up the mess she's going to create,"I said, to an uninterested Austin. He merely nodded his head, his gaze fixed on his phone. I sighed. "Are you even listening to me?"

He nodded again, and I walked right up to him. "And that means you can't leave the house because Mom wants you home to receive the dinner Ms. Gardner left us,"I said. He nodded again, which infuriated me, but I kept my cool.

"That also means that you've got to be responsible,"I said, and he nodded. Okay, seriously, how was he my older brother?

"You can't go to any parties,"I started again, to which, of course, he nodded.

"Okay, I'm leaving now,"I said in a sing-song voice, and he finally looked up. 

"Wait, did you say something?"

Breathe, Riley, breathe. I smiled. "Nothing, I just wanted you to know that I'll be back in time for dinner. Love you!" I called out, opening the front door. 

Looks like I'd been waiting to unleash my temper at just the right time. 

Walking up the driveway was a group of Austin's old high school mates, carrying bottles of God-knows-what and wearing God-doesn't-want-to-know-what. 

"No, no, no, this cannot be happening,"I muttered to myself, starting to feel faint. I turned on my heel to find Austin lazily stretching his arms. "Oh, they're here!"he said gleefully. Oh, so now you're paying attention?

"I SAID NO PARTIES,"I shouted, as the group began piling into the house, already treating it as if it were their own. 

He smiled innocently."You said I can't go to any parties. So I brought the party here."

"You have got to be kidding me,"I muttered, racing up the stairs to call up Ava. I didn't have the time to rage at him. I had to clear up the mess before Mom and Dad got home. 

"Emergency,"I spat out, the moment Ava answered the call. "Brynn or Austin?"she asked worriedly. 

"The devil himself."

"On my way." God, I loved her.

Deciding that I needed as much help as possible, I called up Andrew too. He said he'd get some people and be there right away. I sighed in relief. 

Hopefully I'd have this cleared up before Mom and Dad got up. Hopefully.

I nervously made my way down the stairs, praying to myself that there wouldn't be too much damage. I was a fool for wanting to believe that.

The room was filled with Austin's friends, acquaintances, seniors, juniors, even a few freshmen. Music was blasting from speakers that had appeared out of nowhere and couples were busting some moves on the dance floor. Empty bottles were strewn on the floor, waiting for someone to trip over them. I was almost a victim. As for the people on the front porch? They were just like those bottles. Empty, and done with everything. I stepped on a plastic cup and the crunch sound planted a grimace on my face. 

Know what else makes a crunch sound when stepped on? Austin's bones when I find him. 

"Honey, you're dead,"Ava said, popping up in front of me. I almost didn't notice her, thanks to the millions of people that had showed up at my house BECAUSE AUSTIN WAS AN IRRESPONSIBLE LITTLE-

Calm down, Riley. Calm down.

"You're here!"I gushed, so glad to see her. "You're going to help me, aren't you?" I asked, frankly sounding a bit scared. 

Ava noticed this and put a hand around my shoulder. "If I learnt anything from when I was with Ted, it's how a party runs. I'm going to handle this,"she said confidently, and I was just starting to feel better, when just about a thousand more people walked through the door. 

"Okay, I take that back. You're on your own, sister,"Ava said, her confident smile turned upside down. I gulped. What if Mom and Dad were on their way right this instant?

"I brought more people!"Andrew beamed. Lo and behold, the entire group was there. Oh, and their friends of friends of friends of friends of friends as well, might I add.

"I SAID TO HELP CLEAN UP, NOT FOR THE PARTY!"

Andrew's eyes widened, but he quickly sported a confused expression. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"he shouted back, pointing to the speakers. The music was loud, but not so loud that you couldn't hear people when you were screaming. He was so, so dead to me.

"YOU'RE DEAD TO ME, ANDREW,"I shouted, with daggers in my eyes that were going to be at his throat very, very soon. 

"I'M RED? OH, YOU JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE THAT EFFECT ON ME, RILES,"he smiled cheekily, and my scowl deepened. Not the time to be cute, Parker. Not the time. 

"YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS RED? YOUR BLOOD. CAN'T WAIT TO CUT OPEN YOUR FLESH AND-"

"Girl, the music really isn't that loud,"Ava interjected, starting to look concerned. Andrew burst out laughing, but I just continued to glare at him. A few people were staring at us, but who cared at that point? My parents were already going to murder me. Who cared if a few drunk high schoolers thought I was an idiot?

Just when I didn't think things could get any worse, the Queen of Drama herself made an appearance. 

"We need to tell Will,"Ava began, but I shot her a frustrated look. 

"My house is a mess and you're thinking about Will finding love?" I said slowly, letting myself cool down. Where was calm Riley when I needed her?

"Well, yes, actually."

"AVA, YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. IF WILL CARED ABOUT HOLLY AT ALL, HE WOULD KNOW THAT BRYNN'S AT THIS PARTY. IF HE DOESN'T, HIS LOSS. YOU'RE STAYING WITH ME BECAUSE MY HOUSE IS A MESS AND I NEED TO CLEAN IT NOW AND THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO LEAVE."

Angry Riley? Who's Angry Riley? I don't know any Angry Riley. I'm fine. Totally, totally fine. 

If I thought it was bad then, let me just say that things got only about a million times worse.

. . . .

A/N Isn't Riley just freaking adorable? Brynn's at the party with no one to hold her leash, Will's let loose in a house with not one, but two people he loves, and Andrew doesn't have a brain. But Riley's worried about the house. 

How cute.