•Day 36• Thea

I knew it would only be minutes before he broke my heart again

I knew it would only be minutes before he broke my heart again. I was a fool for hoping that somehow this time the odds would be in my favour. 

He didn't even mean what he said to me. He didn't even recognise me. He was so drunk, he saw the girl he wanted to see when he laid his eyes upon the golden hair. He thought that I was Brynn.

"Thea, wait!"I heard a voice call after me, as I ran down the pavement. I ran even harder at that, in no mood whatsoever for social interaction. I'd had enough. 

All this time, I'd been lying to myself, saying that I'd been in love with Ralph. Instead, all along, there was only one boy out there for me. And that was Will.

I had no plans to come in between him and Holly. In fact, she was the one who'd walked into our relationship. I was Will's first kiss. He always said that Holly was his first love, but that's not what he told me. Holly was his best friend. She was the one he'd come to with rants about anyone and anything, but I was the one he shared important moments with. She was the one he could depend on, but I was the one he could hold onto. He acted like he loved me. I didn't know how much of that was true. 

We'd kept our relationship a secret, knowing that Ted would go ballistic if he found out. I broke up with him within a few months because I knew Will was in love with Holly and I didn't want to be the one to keep them apart. I thought I'd lost all feelings for him since then. After all, I was one of the biggest supporters of Mirror, Mirror. 

But when he kissed me, all those feelings came rising back. I tried to push him away. I really did. When he asked me to dance, every part of me screamed no. But the look in his eyes told me he wanted it as much as I did. I knew it was wrong. But it wasn't me who was standing in the way of him and Holly. It was Will himself. I finally realised it wasn't my blame to take.

"Please, stop,"the voice begged, and I realised, with fear, that they were catching up. I turned around, accepting defeat. 

"It's not your fault,"Veronica said calmly, not at all drained from chasing me down the block. I failed to hide my surprise. 

I didn't know what to say. Her words were exactly what I'd wanted to hear. She was the last person I'd expected to utter them. 

"I saw what happened back there. You didn't deserve that,"she said kindly. I was appalled. Veronica Woods- the toughest girl at school. She spoke her mind, she fought for what she believed in and she scared the living daylights out of everyone. But here she was, giving me a morale booster. How the tables turn.

"I know,"I said finally. I wasn't going to cry my eyes out and put myself down for what he had done to me. This was not my fault. He'd played with my feelings. I wasn't going to hurt myself more. She smiled. "I didn't think you would agree with me,"she said honestly.

"I know I didn't deserve that. No one does. Sometimes people play with your feelings and you've got to understand that it's not something you did that made them do that. They're just idiots,"I said, and she looked impressed. "Wow, I can't believe I mistook you for a softie,"she said.