•Day 29• Ava

I found it incredibly astounding how siblings could have such a profound effect on each other's lives

I didn't know what I'd do without Allie. Albeit she was the most irksome creature to have ever roamed the planet, I loved her from every corner of my heart. She was my teddy bear when I needed comfort, my Barbie doll when the girly side of me urged to try out a new hairstyle and most importantly, the Play-Doh I could mold into the independent, fearless girl she would one day become.

She would be the better version of me- the one who was taught not to feel pain, advised not to get heartbroken over boys who weren't worth her time and the one who didn't make the same mistakes I'd made.

I'd always felt somewhat indebted to my sister because she was the reason I'd met Skott. It was because of Allie's friendship with Skott's younger brother Tyler that Skott and I had met, and later, become best friends too. What infuriated me, however, was the fact that Allie and Tyler's friendship lasted, whereas mine and Skott's hadn't. Whenever Tyler came over to play with Allie, I saw her in him. The way he laughed, the things he said. It reminded me that best friends never leave you, and siblings are the reason for it.

Similarly, it was thanks to Thea that Ted, Will and I had been introduced to Elody and her group. I'd recently come to the conclusion that I needed Riley's company more than I'd originally believed. Not only was she fun to be around, she was a support system. She was going through the same things I was and she understood me. I loved the fact that Thea was nice enough to welcome us into her tight-knit little family that had helped me grow out of my misery and feel loved.

These were the thoughts running through my head as Thea opened the door to her house.

"Did you hear the news?!" I asked excitedly, jumping headfirst into my story. She looked confused. "What happened?"

"Oh my God, don't tell me Will didn't tell you about it yet! Ah, Ted's going to be so happy!" I said, my joviality evident in my voice.

"Just tell me already!" Thea snapped, and I chuckled. "Step one of Project Mirror, Mirror is officially complete! Daisy said yes!"

I thought I saw pain flicker in Thea's face for a brief moment, but it was morphed into glee almost immediately. Perhaps I'd seen wrong. "That's amazing! He must be so relieved. After that incident with Alora, he really needed something going his way."

I sighed. "I know.. God, that day would've been terrible. I felt so bad for deserting him at such a difficult time, but I couldn't miss my concert. How was he?"

Thea started to look nervous. "He was... impulsive, you could say."

"Oh gosh... Did he break anything?" I asked, remembering a time when Will had flipped a chair over at school because he'd gotten one answer wrong in a math test. The guy was an absolute madman, I'll tell you that.