•Day 57• Ava

I felt hot tears bubbling in my eyes

I felt hot tears bubbling in my eyes. A scream was hitched in my throat. I felt my whole body stiffen as I watched in horror at the couple kissing on the front lawn. 

"No," I said, unable to stop myself. Will's eyes widened. He put his hand on my arm to steady me.

"Ava, we have to get out of here," he whispered worriedly. 

"NO," I said louder, more directed at the couple than at Will.

Mr. Mills and Mrs. Reed looked up at us suddenly, confusion in their eyes. "No!" I shouted this time, the tears slowly streaming down my face.

I was having a psychotic break. I knew because I'd been warned that this would happen. The moment that my heart leaped in before my mind did, I knew that I was in for trouble. And now that the cork had been opened, all my emotions were pouring out.

"Ava, what's the matter?" Mrs. Reed asked gently, walking towards me. I pushed her away. There was no stopping me.

"This. THIS THAT YOU HAVE GOING ON HERE? STOP IT," I spit, staring them down slowly and sternly. 

Alora. Alora was gone and it was all their fault. 

"Ava," Mr. Mills said in a warning tone. This was my cue to drop the matter, apologize and run home. He was giving me a way out. A chance to escape, before I waded in too deep. 

I took the plunge.

"You killed her," I whispered, unable to hold back the sobs. "You killed her!" I yelled.

"Ava, let's get you home." Will sounded scared, like he was the wounded deer and I was the hunter.

"Sometimes fairytales have the answers to all our problems. Plus, I think you'd make a great huntsman," Julia had told me once.

 But I let my Snow White get killed. 

"DON'T TOUCH ME," I snapped at him.

"Henry, what's happening?" Mrs. Reed turned to Mr. Mills with fear in her eyes. "Should we call someone?"

"Ava, explain yourself," Mr. Mills said calmly, ignoring Mrs. Reed. His face was reddening with anger and he held daggers in his stare. I'd never seen him like this before, and instead of making me scared, it fuelled my anger even more. He wasn't afraid of me either. When I showed him my talons, he unleashed his fangs.

"You replaced her," I laughed humourlessly. "How could you?"

"That's none of your business. I'm not going to tolerate you coming to my home and questioning my life choices," he said, knowing exactly what I was referring to. I expected my words to hurt him. I thought they'd poke a hole inside his heart, causing the memories of his late wife to come bleeding out.

 He was livid. Never before had I addressed him in such a rude manner, but this time he deserved to hear it. It was his fault  she was gone.

"Has she been drinking?" Mrs. Reed asked Will quietly.