•Day 34• Daisy

"Ow, Daisy pinched me!" Allie shrieked, pinching my arm

Okay, so let's just say I had a rather... odd relationship with Ava's sister Allie. 

"Ow, Allie punched me!" I mocked her, lightly hitting her arm. Allie glared at me, but I just chuckled. 

"Daisy, don't waste your time with the devil,"Ava called from her room. Allie and I shared a smile and ran up to Ava's room together. 

"Ow, Ava, that hurts!" Allie cried, clapping her hands together.

"Stop hitting me! What did I do?" I shouted, stomping my feet. 

Ava looked at us if we'd lost our minds, and to be fair, we sure did look like it.

Allie grabbed a pillow from Ava's bed and flung it at me. "Ava!" she pretended to wince in pain.

I couldn't contain my laughter any longer. Picking up the pillow, I flung it back at Allie, all the while blaming Ava. 

Ava rolled her eyes and looked like she wanted to scold us again, but ran towards Allie instead. "Watch out for the tickle monster!"she shouted, while Allie doubled into fits of laughter. Just watching her made my day.

Starting to feel left out, I joined them on the floor, tickling a flailing Allie. 

"Ow, Ava! Stop tickling me!" A new voice called from the doorway. I chuckled when I saw Mrs. Wang there, a coat draped over her arm. None of us had heard the front door open, having been so caught up in our tickle fight. 

"Now I know never to trust Allie when she says her sister's bothering her,"Mrs. Wang said to me. Allie stuck her tongue out, but couldn't argue. 

"I'd encourage you girls to continue... um, whatever it is you're doing.."Mrs. Wang said, eyeing the pillows on the floor and us three girls lying flat on the carpet. "But your friend Will's here to pick you up."

My ears immediately perked up at the sound of his name. Now that he and Ava were on good terms again, the three of us could hang out. 

Ava watched Allie's face fall when I scrambled to my feet. "You're leaving?" she asked, disappointed. I looked at Ava, but she merely shook her head, motioning towards Allie. 

My heart melted at the gesture. I didn't even have it in me to feel let down that Ava wasn't coming with me. 

Bidding my goodbyes, I ran down the stairs, smiling when I caught sight of Will leaning against the door. He looked undeniably adorable in his brown plaid shirt, rolled up at the elbows. A maroon beanie was pulled over his light brown hair and for once, he decided to wear his glasses. I always had a thing for boys in glasses.

"You look beautiful today, Amaranthus,"he said softly, gazing into my eyes. 

And for once, I felt so too. It wasn't the floral dress and loose denim jacket that hung over my frame. It wasn't even the lace-up suede boots that had magically shown up in my closet that did the trick. It was just his presence.