•Day 59• Thea

Draven looked beyond grief-stricken

Draven looked beyond grief-stricken. Despite being an actor, he was not in the least an emotional guy, so seeing him in such a disarray put everyone on edge. Holly was shaking uncontrollably in Will's arms. He stroked her hair gently, whispering into her ear, but they had no effect on her. 

"You just had to get back at me, didn't you? Even though this had nothing to do with you!" Veronica sneered at Cassandra. Cassandra's face scrunched up in confusion. 

"What are you talking about?" she demanded, refusing to cave under Veronica's stern glare. When you put two matchboxes together, you got an explosion.

"You know very well what I'm talking about." Veronica crossed her arms and walked closer to Cassandra, her glare growing more intense with the passing seconds.

"Are you going to stop being dramatic and tell me what the hell I did wrong?" Cassandra snapped. Holly lifted her head up in curiosity, trying to piece together what she was missing.

I caught Ted's eye, willing him to move Holly and Will away from the scene. They couldn't know what happened today. It would mess with Holly's mind and it would crush Will to know that we tried saving Holly behind his back only to fail and make things even worse. 

"Will, let's go," Ted urged, understanding me through that telepathic twin power that no one seemed to believe in except for us.

"No," Holly said quietly, pulling away from Will. Cassandra and Veronica stopped their bickering for a moment, surprised, as if they'd forgotten all about Holly. 

"I need to know what's going on," Holly said determinedly.

"Look, you've had a long day. Why don't I drop you home and you get some rest, so that we can talk about this first thing tomorrow?" I reasoned, but Holly just shook her head.

"No thanks, Mom. I think I know very well what I need and the last thing on that list is rest. I need to know the truth. Is someone going to give it to me or should I just go looking for it myself?"

Holly looked at each of us in turn, waiting for an answer, when finally, Draven spoke up.

"You tricked me," he whispered.

I noticed Veronica suck in a breath. Her confident demeanour had been shattered. She looked pointedly at the floor, hoping that someone would cut in and save her. 

"Your goal, all this time, was to break her heart, wasn't it? All this time," he said angrily, raising his voice. 

"Do you know why she's gone?" I yelled, not even knowing where this sudden surge of anger was coming from. "Do you even know what our plan was, Draven? Because if you did, you wouldn't be mad at us," I said, enraged at the prospect of being blamed for Brynn's death. It wasn't ours, or anyone else's goddamn fault! What no one seemed to acknowledge was that Holly was a ticking time bomb. When the time was up, she'd explode, leaving everyone around her in misery.