•Day 40• Holly

❝The comeback is always stronger than the setback

❝The comeback is always stronger than the setback.❞
• •

It was a cold day in Autumn and the sky was brighter than usual. Coloured leaves were scattered over the faded grass like a blanket. According to Will's mother, it was the perfect day for a photo shoot to promote her new fall selections. So here I was, behind the camera, looking at a beautiful day through a lens.

"Move a little to your left. No, right. Wait, argh-" I sighed in frustration, moving my hands this way and that, trying to distinguish between my right and my left. Mrs. Henderson laughed, and I could feel my blood turning cold.

Will's mother already had a personal vendetta against me, so being a klutz in front of her added fuel to the fire. However, I too hated her with a passion, so I had nothing to lose.

"This way?" Thea asked, offering me an amused grin. Oh, and yes. To make matters worse, the model for the shoot was none other than the one girl I could not stand. Ted's beloved twin sister, Thea. It wasn't like I hated her. I mean, she was an insanely nice person and she was good at pretty much everything.

 Okay, so maybe that was the reason I hated her. She was better than me at everything. The only thing I had that she didn't was Will for a boyfriend. 

Every time she talked to Will, it reminded me of the time when he and I were fighting, all that time ago, and when he replaced me with Thea. I couldn't ever forget that time. I was driven up the walls with jealousy. Seeing him with her was a constant reminder of that time and any time without Will tore me apart.

"Holly, I think the lighting is better over there," Mrs. Henderson chipped in, aggravating me further. I was already in an awful mood, having to spend the day with her and Thea, and having someone who didn't have a clue about photography tell me what to do only made it worse.

"Actually, it's pretty great over here," I said, smiling through gritted teeth. 

Stay calm, Bell. Stay calm. I could hear Will's voice ringing through my mind, uttering positive things to keep me from unleashing my temper. 

Will helped me through everything. Even when we weren't together, just the thought of what he would say kept me in the right state of mind. If I was about to do something I wasn't supposed to, I always thought of his reaction, and that stopped me. 

"But honey, it's-" Mrs. Henderson started again, but Thea cut her off. "Actually, Mrs. Henderson, Holly had this really great idea using this backdrop," she said, and Mrs. Henderson nodded in understanding. "Oh, alright, then. As long as you have an idea in mind, it's all good with me." I shot Thea a look of gratitude, and she smiled back as if to tell me it was nothing.

Why did she have to be so nice? That made it so hard for me to hate her! I wanted her to be the A-Class drama queen who made her problems everyone else's problems. Then I'd be justified in disliking her. But of course, she had to make me hate her even more by not giving me a good enough reason to hate her. Thanks a lot, Thea.