•Day 50• Daisy

❝Do you ever just look at your best friend and think

❝Do you ever just look at your best friend and think... This human. This is my favourite human.❞
• • •

People say that friendship depends on time. The longer you've known someone, the closer you'll become. Trust builds over time, memories multiply with time and love spreads through time.

But when two hearts have missing pieces, it doesn't matter how long they've known each other for. Once their paths collide, they know they're meant to be.

Sometimes all you need is someone who can find their chapters in your story, irrespective of how many pages you've already written.

The thing with Ashley and I was that we weren't best friends yet. We once were, and I liked to believe that we'd jumped back on the train of our friendship the moment we'd patched things up, but unfortunately, things didn't work that way. Once the engine broke down and our train came to a halt, we couldn't get back at full speed immediately after we'd fixed it. We had to take it slow and steady. I hoped that one day we'd be back to what we'd once been.

Take it like a breakup. Everyone understands that you need time to heal after it's over, but they forget that you need to heal even after you get together again. You can't just push back whatever happened and move on instantaneously. Not to mention, both of you would've changed a considerable amount in the time between when you'd broken up and when you'd gotten back together. Separation can change relationships.

But hey, what do I know? I've never been through a breakup before. I'll cross my fingers that I won't ever.

So Ashley and I were currently in the post-separation phase. We were friends, yes, but we had to work on the best part of it. I had Ava now, and she had Stacy. We couldn't choose to neglect all that had happened during the few centuries our fight had lasted.

"You what?!" Ash's eyes grew wide with excitement, as soon as I told her about the kiss. Rule number one for best friends was that we told each other everything. You couldn't be someone's best friend if they weren't comfortable telling you what worried them, angered them, excited them and everything in between.
If we were to work our friendship out, I had to start now.

I nodded, matching her enthusiasm. "No way," she whispered, then squealed. "My baby's all grown up!" She gushed.

I giggled, unknowing what to say. I knew she'd react this way, and I had the situation mapped in my head ages ago, but I still didn't have the right words at the tip of my tongue.

"What was it like?" She asked, exactly as I'd imagined she would.

"It-well-um..." I started, then laughed to myself. Thinking about Will always made me like this. Nervous, flustered, completely at a loss for words.

"Oh my God, I have never seen you like this," Ashley chuckled. "Should I tell Cassandra?" She teased.

I gasped dramatically, deciding to play along. "Oh, she'd murder me! Please don't," I begged.