Question-Answer

I have never been more insulted in my entire life. Who does Manik think he is? Who does he think I am? Neither am I his slave, nor am I somebody who will silently bear this abuse from him.

I am unable to comprehend his actions. Manik wasted so much food, and for what?

What sick pleasure did he derive from it? More importantly, what kick did he get from dropping those dishes on my head?

If he thinks that just because I am smaller in size to him and a woman, I will bear all these insults and abusive behavior, then he is highly mistaken. Sure, he's my husband, but that doesn't give him a license to treat me like trash.

Isn't that what he called me just a few minutes ago? Who gave him the right to label who I am?

I let out a frustrated groan, lowering myself to the ground. I feel disgusting, no better than the filth one sees lying in a dumpster. And this is all because of that stupid Devil.

All my expectations from him have shattered. Quite frankly, I'm doubting whether or not I even knew the real Manik. Because if this is his real self, then I rather stay a thousand miles away.

Was the man in the car - the one whose friend injured Chachi - the real Manik? Or is it the one I've come to know over the past few weeks?

The one who is ready to embarrass himself in front of a huge crowd just for me. The one who readily falls to the ground first, thereby cushioning my fall, so that I don't hurt myself.

As I'm trying to sort out the spider web inside my brain, my phone begins to ring. My eyes cut towards the dressing table from where it is causing my headache to increase. I stare at it for a few seconds, before finally getting off the bed.

"Amms, I'm a bit busy right now." I say, before my grandmother can even get a letter across. "Can I please call you back later?"

"Nandu," Amms says, her tone urgent. "Nandu, I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

The urgency in my grandmother's voice causes my heart to leap into my throat.

"What happened? Is everything okay? Chacha, Chachi - "

"Shanoo didn't tell Manik," Amms cuts in. "All that while he thought he was marrying Alya, and not you."

"W-What?" I stammer, confusion washing over me. I was doubtful of this because of what Manik said earlier in the morning, but hearing it directly from Amms' mouth makes it seem real.

"Shanoo made a huge mistake and I just found out," Amms continues, her tone slightly calmer now. "I just found out. I'm so sorry, Nandu. I hope you're not paying the price for our wrongdoings."

I am! I want to yell at my grandmother, but I don't because it's no fault of hers. Why would Chachi do this? I even asked her and she blatantly lied to my face.

The sting of betrayal spreads through my heart. Didn't she even once consider the repercussions of her actions? This is no mistake. This has been purposefully done.

"W-Why did she...Why'd she do this?" I ask, lowering myself onto a chair. It feels as if someone has slid out the carpet I was standing on right from underneath my feet, and that I will fall at any given moment.

Chachi has always been like a mother to me, but a mother puts her child's best interests first, right? Then why did she not even once consider the heavy price I'd have to pay for her wrongs?

"Nandu, that's not important. What's done is done. I want to know if you're fine," Amms says. "How did Manik react when he found out? You two are fine, right?"