Insight

A/N: Triple update!!! I was thinking of posting this tomorrow, but it's simply too good - at least in my eyes - to put off until tomorrow. Why procrastinate? Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. ;) Happy reading xx 

Manik's POV

"Congratulations on being the only person ever to make not one, but two, appearances in my prestigious room." I say, as I lower Angel onto my bed. She furrows her brows together, her eyes traveling around the room. 

"What's so prestigious about it?" She asks, scrunching up her nose. The sight causes the corners of my lips to tug upwards. How is it possible to yearn the company of the person you despise so much? "A pig sty, is what I'd call it." 

"What?" I scoff, glancing around the place. "I clean my room myself and so I'm a hundred percent sure that it doesn't categorize as a pig sty." I come to my haven's defense at once. Angel once again breaks into a fit of giggles. 

"You clean this room?" She asks, jabbing her index finger into the tip of my nose. "That's why it's a pig sty." She continues to laugh at my expense. 

"Someone's got guts laughing at the Devil," I comment, as I make my way towards the bureau. 

"You're more of a pussy." Angel retorts, as she continues laughing. My hand freezes on the handle of the drawer, as I turn around to look at the giggling mess on my bed. 

"Did you really just...Do you even know what that word means?" I ask, smiling in disbelief. 

"Not the innocent Angel you think I am, now am I?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me, a triumphant smile adorning her lips. Shaking my head in amazement, I turn my focus back on the job I have to do. 

"Keep your injured foot hanging off the bed, but drape a blanket over yourself." I say, as I pull out the first aid kit from the drawer. "Otherwise you'll catch a cold." Yes, this seems like the best way to get the job done without telling her the truth as to why I want her front covered.

"I'm hot," she complains, as I hear a thud. I whip my neck around to see what other body part she's injured now. "Ow, that hurt." Angel says, rubbing her head, which is further entangling the nest on her head.

"Is wrapping you up in fucking bubble wrap the only way to keep you safe?" I yell, glaring at her. Her hand halts its action, as she stares at me like a child who's being chided. "Just..." I raise my index finger. "Just stop hurting yourself."

"The way you're saying it makes it seem like your skin is directly linked to mine. You know, the I hurt, you hurt kind of scene," Angel says. 

"This isn't fucking Laila-Majnu," I clarify. "And that's not the case. I simply don't want to be sitting here all night tending to your wounds." 

"Then don't," she replies indignantly. "I'm a lady. I can handle myself just fine." Ignoring the blabbering baby on my bed, I take a seat beside her with all the items I'll need to tend to her foot. 

"Says the person who was sitting in a puddle of water when I found her, has a glass piece wedged in her foot, and just now bumped her head against the headboard. Yes, I can see that you're handling yourself just fine," I say. I grab my towel off the blanket and spread it across my lap. "Here, put your leg on this." Angel obliges for a change. "Do you want me to give you some pain meds? Maybe a rag to shove in your mouth. This is gonna hurt."

"I'll be fine. Just get it over with as quickly as possible," she says, her tone portraying pure strength. I watch her face, trying to figure out whether she's putting on a facade of bravery, or she's genuinely a tough cookie.