Trouble In Paradise

"I'm back." Manik says, coming up from behind me. His arms snake their way around my waist as he nestles his neck in the crook of my neck. 

"Everything went well?" I ask, placing my camera on its bag. 

"As well as anything can go with Nyonika." Manik begins to sway us from side to side. "I hope Alya didn't bother you in my absence because if she did then - "

"Nothing happened, Manik." I cut him off, bringing his murderous thoughts to an end at once.

"Hey! What're you doing with that?" Manik exclaims, making me jump. His arms leave my waist at once as he reaches forwards for the camera.

"What?" I ask, confused. "I was just finding the right thing to capture for my first picture on a professional camera." 

"But you didn't capture anything, right?" He raises his eyebrows questioningly as he cradles the camera protectively. I shake my head.

"No," I reply, shrugging. "Even if I did, what's the issue?"

"The issue is that the first picture you capture on your camera shouldn't be anything mundane. It should be out of the blue; something that you'll remember for a lifetime." 

"So what exactly do you have in mind?" I ask. Manik's face lightens up with excitement. 

"What would you say about heading down to Canada and capturing the Northern Lights?" 

"I'd say that's quite fitting for an out of the blue phenomenon." Manik's grin stretches across his face from ear to ear.

"I do still owe you a decent honeymoon." He shrugs nonchalantly as if he isn't giving me an opportunity of a lifetime. Without further thought, I throw myself against his front, causing him to fall backwards onto the grass. "The camera!" Manik yells, holding the object away from my excited actions. "Save the goddamn camera." He laughs while I pepper his face with kisses of gratitude. 

When my sides begin to ache from laughing I sit up, pushing my now tangled hair away from my face. I sigh as realization hits me.

"What happened?" Manik asks, sitting up as well. He places my camera on its bag, scooting closer to me. 

"Manik, I feel like I'm seriously lagging behind in the gifts race." I whine, pouting. "I mean, you give me so much and I've only given you a ring."

"The gift you've given me is enough to last this lifetime and the ones to come." I furrow my brows with confusion.

"What? That little piece of jewelry?" I ask, nodding towards his hand. 

"No," Manik mouths, shaking his head. "You." A smile tugs at the corners of my lips, my cheeks heating up. "Angel, what more could I ask for when I have you in my life?" My Devil takes my hands in his and places them around his neck. His now free hands position themselves at my waist, pulling me closer to him. "You're my greatest blessing of all. A gift that I'll never be able to cherish enough of." Manik inhales a deep breath, shutting his eyes. "The thought of losing you..." He trails off, shaking his head. "It's enough to shake my entire being." 

"Don't think about such things," I say, resting my forehead against his. "Manik, you need to zoom in on the good - on our present - and ignore all thoughts of the worst." My husband nods his head in understanding, eyes shut. Hesitantly, I bring my lips towards his until they're brushing against each other ever so lightly. At once Manik responds to my initiative, his lips encompassing mine. 

"I," Manik murmurs against my lips, "Have never tasted anyone so sweet." He smiles as our lips become one. Whenever I'm kissing Manik I can easily switch off my brain because I don't need to think my actions through. He and I are able to understand each other without saying a word. In fact, Manik isn't a man of many words. However, I am able to comprehend his emotions and thoughts through his actions, and I can say with utter surety that his lips do a lot of talking. 

Manik's kisses don't simply carry lust. Sure, they're a mixture of that feeling too, but they also portray the affection he holds for me in his heart. The gentle way with which his fingers caress my chin, the rhythmic motion of his lips, makes it seem as if he views me as a fragile doll. 

I also understand the fact that Manik is a man who has been a part of physical relationships in the past. However, my respect for him has peaked because not once has he pressurized me to do something I'm not comfortable with.I'm sure he knows that getting physically intimate is a big deal for me and sohe's waiting; awaiting the day I'll be confident and ready enough to take thatstep with him. Although this may seem like a trivial matter in the eyes of others, for me it means a lot. It shows me that Manik isn't only interested in conquering my body, but instead he loves me for the person I am. To think I once considered him to be a shallow, no good man. 

"Nandu!" Chachi yells, making me pull away with a start. Rolling his eyes, Manik lets out a dramatic huff.

"Fucking hell, Chachi," he murmurs. "The greatest enemy of our love story." Little does he know that she's the one who brought us together. Sure, her methods were deceitful but all's well that ends well.

*****

"Manik, get off the phone." I say, wishing he does the exact opposite. 

"You know you don't want that, Angel." He replies, reading my mind. "I don't see the issue in staying on call with me while you're shopping. The worst that can happen is a six figured phone bill for me, but you know what? I'm ready to pay that amount if it means I get to hear your voice." 

"What have you done with my Devil?" I ask incredulously as I enter the washroom. "Okay, Manik, now I'm in the bathroom. I'll call you once I'm out." 

"But why can't we continue talking now?" My husband whines like a child. 

"Because I have no intentions whatsoever of making you hear me pee. Bye." Without wasting another second I end the call, a goofy grin plastered across my face. Manik is highly addictive and that's a fact. 

"Were you at the tracks by any chance?" The woman beside me asks as I'm washing my hands. Smiling, I turn my head towards her, nodding.

"The number of people that go there amazes me," I comment. 

"You were Manik's girl for the night, right?" She shoots another question my way. 

"I'm his girl for all the nights to come. He's my husband," I explain. Misunderstandings can happen, especially considering how infamous Manik is for his past.

"Oh," the woman murmurs. "I'm Rebecca." 

A/N: I'm such an idiot. Guys, I'm so sorry but I had completely forgotten to thank you all for the kind birthday wishes. They made my birthday, the 14th of September, outstandingly special. So I woke up to find a video sent by my friend and when I opened it guess what I see? All of your lovely messages compiled in it. That was it, I began crying out of joy. It was the greatest gift anyone could've possibly given me, so thank you for it because without each and every single one of you it wouldn't have been possible. I can say this with utter surety that this is one birthday I'll never forget.

Many of you wanted to know my name and I'm an even bigger idiot for not mentioning it before. I'm Musqan, but friends call me Mus, so technically my name has changed to that. Whosoever of you wants to message me, ask questions, or say whatever's on their mind can absolutely do so. I'm always available for you lovely people ;) 

Thank you once again for making my birthday the most special one I'll ever experience. Trust me when I say that I have seen that video at least twenty times and the charm doesn't seem to dim one bit. Take care and stay safe xx