Key to Success...Or Potion To Fail?

A/N: Double update!!! Yes, I know this isn't enough to forgive me, but it's a start :D 
Happy reading xx

Manik's POV

"I'm losing my credibility in Angel's eyes." I whine, before Cabir has even planted his ass on the chair opposite me. "I can tell she knows, Cabir. The look in her eyes, the smile she offers me every time I lie...she knows." I bang my fist against the table in frustration. 

"Hello to you too, man." Cabir says, gesturing for a waiter. "From what I gather, stuff isn't going too well with Nandini?" 

"Not even close," I drum my fingers against my thigh. "But it's fucking impossible to keep her in my life and not have her realise she was a part of it from before. After all, Angel is my entire fucking world." Helplessly, I tug at the ends of my hair. "What do I do? Angel's such a huge part of my life - practically 99.9% of it - so how the fuck am I supposed to hide her from her? Does that make sense?" 

"You two never make sense to me," Cabir leans back in his chair, adorning a thoughtful expression. "Let me order a drink and then maybe I can be of some use." 

About fifteen minutes later and two drinks down, Cabir and I have reverted back to the topic at hand. 

"You've done your research, right?" Cabir asks. I nod my head. Every night I'm glued to my laptop in the hopes that some online article will provide me with answers as to how to get my Angel's memories back. Alas, there's no overnight cure for memory loss. 

"What could potentially speed up the process of Nandini getting her memories back?" Sighing, I lean back in the chair. 

"Important names, places, people," I list. "Foods, smells, music, personal items - "

"Okay, okay, Mr. Doc," Cabir interrupts. "Let's start with places. What site holds a special place in Nandini's heart?" I pout, thinking hard. Chachi's house should've been the greatest triggering factor. But clearly it's not. "Some place that impacted her life, or yours, considering the two of you are practically one." 

I furrow my brows. What now feels like a decade ago, I remember taking Angel to watch her first race. After visiting that place there was definitely a visible shift in the energy between us.

"The races," I mumble. "Yes, there was definitely something about that place." Cabir nods knowingly.

"Yeah, you must've known Nandini was special because before her, you brought no one there." 

"Sharing that escape of mine with her felt right." I say, smiling at the memory of that night. Sure, I ended up in the hospital, but it was definitely worthwhile.

"So the answer to your worries is simple." Cabir says, as if the answer is right underneath my nose. "Take Nandini back there." 

"No," I say at once. "Why not?" Cabir stares at me as if I'm stupid. Why not indeed? After all, I'm not forcing Angel's memories upon her. I am simply trying to jog them, before she loses complete faith in me and decides to distance herself from me. "Tonight, you, Eva and Aahan, be there." I instruct, getting ready to leave. "We need to recreate that night's events." Without bidding Cabir goodbye, I pop out of my seat and head towards the exit of the restaurant.

"Nice meeting you too!" Cabir calls from behind me.