Tonight Is Ours

"So according to you, I will keep sitting inside and allow you to abuse me." Manik says, smirking. He takes a step towards me, causing me to take ten backwards.

"Oh, and what're you going to do?" I raise my eyebrows questioningly, as I raise my hands up in front of my body as a defense. 

"I'm going to show you what a bad little girl you are." Manik takes one long stride, reaching me in less than a second. He takes hold of my wrists, tugging me towards his front. I squeal, as his left arm snakes its way around my hips, pulling me even closer. "Let me show you just how naughty the Devil can get." He whispers, the tip of his nose brushing against mine, as I continue to gaze into his lively orbs. 

Oh, what wouldn't I give to see this sight a million times a day? I tilt my head to the side, as I marvel at the sight in front of my eyes. I wrap my fist around the front of Manik's shirt, pulling him towards me. My husband loses his balance, causing us both to stumble towards the floor. I land on my back, Manik landing on top of me. He places his hands on either side of my head to bear the weight of his fall, so that I am not squashed underneath his muscular frame.

Laughing, I splash Manik's face with water once more. He turns his head to the side, his shoulders shaking with mirth as well.

"Aren't you supposed to be the one to catch me?" I ask, my fist still clutching onto the material of his shirt. "How come I'm the hero and you're the damsel in distress?" 

"Maybe some prior warning would help," Manik defends himself. "If you want, we can stand up again and this time I promise I'll catch you." Those words sound like music to my ears. I know Manik means them in no depth at the moment, but my heart refuses to take them lightly. His words hold the ring of truth to them. I wish he always stays honest to them, and fulfills his promise.

"I think it's time the woman becomes a hero in a fairy-tale, don't you think?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. 

"Then what will this knight in shining armor's role be?" Manik shoots a question in return. 

"Just...stay the way you are, Manik." I know we're joking around, but I hope my husband realizes that all my words are spoken in utter honesty. The grin gets wiped off of Manik's face, as he furrows his brows together thoughtfully. 

"Y-You don't want to change me?" He asks, his tone dead serious. I shake my head, smiling. 

"Manik, you may not be a princess's ideal knight in shining armor." I cup his cheek with my hand, hoping that he can see the earnestness in my eyes. "In fact, you're my black knight, but you know what I've realized? I am in desperate need of that. Mundane knights in shining armors are boring," I make a face. "They don't add zest to their heroines lives and quite frankly, I am not one to choose a boring life." Surprise clouds Manik's orbs. "You may be full of flaws and you're like a jigsaw puzzle that I don't know when I'll solve, if I ever will. But silly me seems to keep finding perfections in all the cracks and crevices in you." 

"D-Do you...Do you really mean that?" Manik stammers, doubt clouding his tone. 

"I don't lie Manik and neither am I as experienced at it as you," I say. "So trust me if I was then you'd know. You're a great man, and I respect you a bunch. In fact, it beats me why you can't see the greatness in yourself." The image of Manik rejecting that woman's card passes through my head. She was beautiful and it clearly seemed like she had it all. Manik could've easily accepted her number and gone to her house for a night of fun, but he chose not to. Even though he and I are in no committed relationship. Sure, we've made vows, but the both of us know that we're in no way together as a couple. Yet, he chose to respect our union and me, by rejecting that woman.