All's Well That Ends Well

A/N: Why should only MaNan receive double celebrations? We all deserve a treat, eh? Happy reading xx

"Wow!" Dhruv says, bursting my bubble of joy with a needle. "Wasn't that something?" He dramatically wipes fake tears from his cheeks, wincing as his fingers brush against his broken nose. "I'm touched." 

Manik comes over to my side, snaking his arm around my waist. He stares at Dhruv with a bored expression as if he's a game Manik has played a hundred times and now winning has become redundant.

"While you two were doing that child's play," Dhruv says, nodding his chin towards Manik's car. "I learnt some very interesting info." His working arm extends towards me. "Congratulations on the wedding." I stare at Dhruv's filthy hand, hoping the disgust I feel internally is also evident on my face. "I'm sure my invitation got lost on the way over, eh?"

"Once again, Dhruv, you've lost and I've won." Manik says, taking the back of his hand and pushing Dhruv's hand to the side. "I suggest you don't embarrass yourself anymore tonight and just go home to whichever bimbo is unfortunate enough to share a bed with you tonight." 

"Manik," Dhruv tsks, shaking his head. "I haven't even finished catching up with your lovely wife. There's so much to tell. Hmm...where should I begin from?" He taps his index finger against the side of his head thoughtfully. "Ah, yeah, of course. Nandini, that's your name right? Has Manik educated you about what happened with Rebecca?" 

At once my husband's grip tightens around my waist. Who is this woman? Every time Dhruv brings up her name Manik goes into a mode of tension. 

"I would be surprised if you knew and still agreed to wed him." Dhruv says, narrowing his eyes at me. "Or do you not know anything?" 

"What Manik tells me, or doesn't, is none of your business." I snap, fully well understanding Dhruv's intentions. He wasn't able to prove my lack of trust in Manik, and so now he's trying to sway it by other means. Little does he know that our relationship isn't so weak. "Manik, let's go. It's late." 

"You're lucky I haven't fractured your other arm as well." Manik says in a dangerously low voice. "Don't push your luck though." 

"Manik, stop wasting your breath." Cabir says, stepping in front of the Devil. Gently, he pushes him backwards by the shoulders. "Let's go somewhere else and celebrate." 

"Again?" Manik sighs dramatically, throwing his head back. "Lord, I'm fucking tired of celebrating my wins against Dhruv. It's so damn boring now." He smirks, eyes glued to Dhruv. Unable to think of a retort, our enemy continues to glare at us as we head towards Manik's car. 

Until tonight I used to link the tracks with a ton of negativity. A few minutes back, however, that has changed. Sure, we encountered Dhruv tonight and the situation didn't go exactly as planned, but regardless of it all, I got a confession from Manik tonight. An indirect insight to his inner feelings. What more could I want? Nothing can ruin tonight for me, or the days to come. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I'm soaring on cloud nine.

*****

"A coconut for my beautiful wife." Manik says, lowering himself onto the spot beside me. I take it from his hands gratefully, still unable to wipe the smile off my face. "I'm assuming you're this happy because of the fact that you're alive." I shake my head, grinning. 

"No, that's inconsequential in front of the cause of my joy." I say, resting my hand above Manik's. 

"Then? Angel, you haven't stopped smiling since we got into the car." I shrug, glancing up towards the sky. Aiyappa, how can I thank you for sending this beautiful soul into my life? The joy he gives me is infinite. In fact, I strongly believe that I'm living the best that life can offer when I'm with Manik.