Challenge Accepted

A/N: Who's getting a double update? Ya'll are! Today's a good day, eh? Happy reading xx

I place my hands on the arms that are constraining my waist. The man didn't need to speak for me to know this isn't Manik. My Devil never holds me with such harshness and neither do these arms spread the warmth I feel when his skin touches mine - the feeling that sets me at ease. 

"Leave me," I say through gritted teeth. The ends of my hair are standing up with disgust. The mere thought of a strange man touching me - that too without my permission - sets me on edge. 

"Babe, you haven't even given me a chance yet." The voice says, as I dig my nails into his skin without the slightest thought of mercy. At once his grip loosens, allowing me enough time to step away and turn towards him. 

A man, who's not much taller than me, is caressing his now wounded arms. His hair is falling in straight strands across his forehead, hooding his eyes partially. This man doesn't give off good vibes at all, especially considering how he tried to touch me without my permission.

"Ouch, that hurt." He comments, dropping his arms to his sides, as he makes eye contact with me. "We're just having some fun." I've heard this voice before and I highly doubt it was in pleasant circumstances. The man takes a menacing step towards me, making me take ten backwards.

"You're making a big mistake," I say. "Leave me alone and go away before you're unable to walk away on your two legs."

"Ooh, I'm scared." The man raises his palms as if to surrender. "A pussy is threatening me. Fucking scary." He continues to lazily head in my direction as if he has all the time in the world. If I try to run out of this alley he'll stop me easily. The only option is to injure him. 

"You should be." The second he's in arm's distance I jerk my knee upwards, straight towards his groin. In the nick of time the man's palm blocks my attack, pushing my leg backwards. The unexpected force of the blow causes me to stumble backwards. Unable to gain control of my body I land on the ground. 

"Are you really sure about that?" The man asks, checking out his nails. "Because I'm not the one who's on the ground right now." Frowning, I begin to lift myself up with the help of my palms. The man lifts his right leg, bringing his foot down towards my stomach. "I suggest you stay down there." I squeeze my eyes shut, mentally preparing myself for the blow. However, it doesn't come. I open my eyes to find a hand bearing the weight of the man's leg, preventing it from landing on my body. Relief washes over me as my eye catches the glint of a familiar ring. Manik. He shoves the man's leg back, causing the latter's entire body to land on the ground. 

"You're done today." Manik growls, his tone sending a shiver down my spine. Before the man can stand up, Manik is already towering over him. The Devil's palm wraps around the man's throat, cutting off his air supply.

"Manik," he gasps, clearly struggling to get oxygen to his lungs. "Stop...fucking...interfering...goddammit." Each word is spaced a few seconds apart, the soles of his shoes rubbing against the ground in a desperate attempt to get away. 

"I'd say you save your last few breaths." Manik says, as he turns around to face me, pulling the man by the throat behind him. By now I'm back on my feet, my heart holding not even an ounce of sympathy for the man who manhandled me. Manik brings the man to my feet, letting go of his head roughly. His skill hits the ground with a sickening crack, coughs erupting from his throat. 

"Apologize," Manik orders, leaving no space for argument in his tone. Instead of obliging, which would've been the sensible thing to do, the man spits at the spot beside my left shoe. My husband reaches down, taking the man's wrist in his hand. Silently the Devil begins to twist his arm in a highly painful direction. Just seeing the odd angle at which the man's arm is now bent makes me cringe.