The Morning After

As I turn over in bed, a thousand ton weight lands on my head, making me wince in pain. 

"Ow," I hiss, squeezing my eyes shut tight. Unable to remain lying for a second longer, I sit up, my legs kicking the blanket away from my body. I bang the heels of my palms against the sides of my head to shake this killer headache away. Alas, my efforts are in vain.

"I suggest you wash your hands before touching any part of your body." Manik yells, the sound of light strumming entering my ears. Why in the world is he playing such loud music this early in the morning? 

"Shh," I hiss, squinting my eyes open. "Please take it down a notch, Manik." 

"You're saying this, Angel?" He raises his eyebrows questioningly. "I remember you wanted to be quite loud last night. Actually, you jointly wished to hit high octaves with me." What in the world is he talking about? 

"Manik, you're making no sense to me," I say. 

"Oh, so you don't remember?" He asks. "Maybe I can help you recollect your memories." Pushing the blanket away from the side of the bed, the Devil lowers himself onto the space beside me. "But first you should take those pills." He nods towards the bedside table. Without a word, I obediently toss the tablets into my mouth, swallowing them down with the help of water. Although I don't remember much from last night, I am aware of the fact that yesterday was my first time drinking alcohol, and that I ended up getting drunk. Aiyappa is, therefore, making me pay for my idiocy by causing me to suffer through a hangover.

As I'm placing the glass back on the bedside table, my eyes land on the top I'm wearing. What in the world...A gasp escapes my lips as I take in my bare front. 

"Manik, I'm naked!" I exclaim, tugging the blanket up my front. "Whose clothes have you made me wear?" 

"Me?" Manik asks incredulously, pointing an index finger at his chest. "Angel, wearing half stitched clothes is your style, not mine. This is all your doing." His gaze rakes down the length of my figure, a smirk adorning his lips. Me? Why in the world would I wear something which makes a bikini look decent? Frowning, I apply great pressure to my mind, desperately attempting to recollect last night's memories. 

I can faintly remember going into Eva's room, only to find her ransacking her entire closet. She called me over and convinced me to share a bottle of alcohol with her, after which the two of us began to play dress-up. I groan, flinging my arm over my eyes. The clothes that are adorning my body are clearly the end result of that childish game.

"Please tell me you didn't let me walk around in public with this on," I say. Aiyappa, I'm so ashamed. What other rubbish was I up to last night? Oh no, Manik must have been the one who had to deal with it all. I hope I haven't embarrassed him in front of all his friends. 

"Believe it or not, but you're quite hard to reason with once you have made your mind," Manik says. "I tried to rein in the raging lioness in you, but Angel, you were on a roll." 

"Just buy me a burqa already," I let out another groan. "Do I even want to know details about last night?" 

"Not at all." I can hear the smirk in Manik's tone. "But that doesn't mean I won't tell you." The hangover that's hovering above my head is now the least of my concerns. "Do you know, Angel, that you have a dual personality? I have been well acquainted with the angelic side for quite some time now, but the lioness in you surfaced just yesterday." I lift my arm from above my eyes to find Manik thoroughly enjoying this moment. "You look like a small packet, but there's a big bomb in you." Once again his eyes sweep over my body. Why in the world does he keep looking at me in this manner?