Dance Partner

A/N: That's the song Nandini was dancing to in order to draw Manik towards her like a magnet ;) Happy reading xx

"According to you - because you come to such places more frequently than I do - which style will get us a good discount?" I ask, flipping my tangled hair over to one side. "Will this work, or..." I trail off, as I jerk my head downwards and then back up. "This?" I look at Manik expectantly, as he guides me past the queue of people and towards the entrance of the club. 

"Neither," he snaps. I frown, Manik's tone upsetting me at once. He shuts his eyes and inhales a deep breath. "I just don't want you to use yourself - your body, or flirtation skills - on others. I didn't mean to snap at you like that." Wow, Manik Malhotra is indirectly apologizing for his rude behavior. Impressive indeed. 

"So the bouncers are women?" I question, raising my eyebrows. "Which means that you're going to use your flirtation skills to get us in?" I don't wish to entertain the thought at all. We reach the entrance, my eyes landing on the muscular men. Manik embraces one of the male bouncers at once, completely ignoring me. They exchange a few words of greeting, as Manik shakes hands with the other one. It's obvious my husband has been coming here for a long while now. 

"And who's this pretty lady?" The bouncer on the right asks, his eyes shamelessly ogling at me. I fold my arms across my chest, uncomfortable at once. Manik steps in front of me without delay, his body shielding mine. 

"My wife," he replies sternly. I watch over his shoulder as the bouncer's eyes leave me at once and land on the floor. 

"I'm sorry, Sir." He says, genuinely sounding regretful. Oh, so Manik is also infamous for his Devilish nature here.

"You didn't know so it's okay," Manik says. "But since you now do, I hope you'll be more careful in the future." The bouncer nods his head, his gaze still trained towards the floor. 

"Sir, please go ahead." The other clad in black man says, as he pushes open the club's entrance door, gesturing for us to enter. Manik steps aside, nodding with his chin towards the door. 

"Go ahead," he says, his left palm lightly pressing against the small of my back. I oblige, feeling at ease now that I know Manik has my back. God knows why I worry when I have the Devil beside me? 

The second I step foot into the club my entire frame can feel the vibrations of the blaring music. Multi-colored lights are shedding light throughout the club, the dance floor lit up with a silver disco ball. There are two floors to this club; the upper area has U-shaped sofas surrounding silver colored tables, while the lower one has two bars and a huge dance floor. There must be about fifty bodies occupying the space, and yet there's space for a hundred more. My right foot begins to tap itself to the beat of the music, my eyes gazing at the dance floor wistfully. 

"Let's go upstairs." Manik says from behind me, his hand still resting against my back. I shake my head stubbornly. 

"No," I nod my head towards the dance floor. "I want to go there." Manik's gaze lands on the spot I'm gesturing towards, his lips pursing up. 

"No fucking way." He pushes against my back with a little more force. "Upstairs we go." I stamp my foot like an immature child. 

"You can go ahead, and act like the grandfather that you are, but I will remain true to my age and make myself comfortable on the floor." Without engaging in any further arguments with Manik, I begin to make my way towards my targeted destination. 

"Angel, stop!" He hisses, latching his hand onto my wrist. 

"Hey," I say, looking at him over my shoulder. "I'm your wife. Treat me with some respect." I smile, as I feel Manik's hold slackening.