Comrades

Manik's POV

"Fucking hell," I hiss under my breath, as I make my way towards the front door. Before exiting the lounge, I turn around to face Angel. "You stay here, okay? That ass doesn't deserve to have any form of conversation with you." 

"Manik, I can talk to Sushant." Angel says, an argument poised at her lips as always. I shake my head, clenching my jaw.

"He doesn't deserve it. Don't degrade yourself by conversing with him." Angel purses her lips, her gaze flitting from me to the foyer. Hoping that for once my wife will listen to me and stay in place, I turn on my heels and head towards the front door. The guard is standing tall in the threshold, blocking Sushant from entering. 

"Manik, tell this useless servant of yours to step away from my path." Sushant says, looking at me over the guard's shoulder. Although the ass takes a threatening step towards the guard, the latter doesn't budge.

"Whatever comes out from there." I say, placing my left hand on the guard's back, while my free hand's index finger points towards Sushant's mouth. "Pay it no heed. You know I have a saying, listen to the donkey's bullshit from one ear and take it out from the other." Patting the guard on the back, I nod at him in gratitude. "Thanks for keeping the filth out of our house, but you can go now. I'll handle it from here." 

"Sir, are you sure you'll be able to deal with this man? He's a bit mental," the guard says, eyeing Sushant warily. 

"Fucking - " 

"Impressed," I interrupt Sushant. "You're an amazing judge of character," I tell the guard. "But yes, I can handle this psycho, rest assured." Giving Sushant one last ugly look, the guard heads past him and back towards his room. Clearing my throat, I take the guard's position in the doorway. "Yes, Mr. Psycho? How may I help you?" 

"Manik, let me in," Sushant says through gritted teeth. "We had a deal. You weren't supposed to poison Nandini's mind against me." 

"Oh, I didn't," I tsk, as I shake my head. "I never turn back on my word. You see, Sushant, I never had to incite her against you because you handled that task just fine for me." I glance over my shoulder. I know for a fact that Angel will eavesdrop on our conversation, if she isn't already doing so. Splaying my palm across Sushant's chest, I push him backwards, past the porch and into the compound. 

"Now get lost," I say, gesturing towards the gate. Sushant's chest heaves up and down in anger. "Stop giving me these empty angry man looks. I know for a fact that you can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk." 

"Nandini has moved on, Manik." Sushant says, glancing over my shoulder in an attempt to rest his eyes on her. "It's time you move on as well, and stop being a fucking thorn in our path." 

"Sushant, I believe you've forgotten that I'm not the thorn. You are," I stab my finger into his chest. 

"Manik - " 

"Do you love her?" I blurt, raising my eyebrows questioningly. The ass looks ten times more taken aback by this simple question than Angel was yesterday. Neither does he love her, nor does she love him - obviously - so why the fuck are they together? Sushant's mouth unhinges and then clamps shut. He tries once again, but no words escape. "Cat got your tongue?" I smile at him innocently. "Did you cry for her last night? Once she left you." 

"Men don't cry for women, Manik. You should know that." Sushant says, recovering from the shock of my former question. "Only pussies do." 

"Don't generalise all men into your pathetic category just because you're an emotionless bastard," I say. Sushant's crap mentality isn't helping his case at all. Heck, he's digging his own grave. "So you didn't cry for your so called beloved?" I repeat my question. Scoffing, Sushant shakes his head, unashamed. Truth be told, he seems proud about this.