Special Chapter One (Recap) An Qing

An Qing has always been the favoured one, the child loved by everyone, with pretty looks and a gentle demeanour, anyone can see that she was raised with lots of love.

In fact, An Qing is aware of her parents' bias, and actually doesn't like that her older sister is being treated so unfairly, so she comes to the decision that she must treat An Ran very well, because if she doesn't treat her well, who will?

The two sisters build a strong bond over the years, despite not seeing each other as often due to studies and work.

An Qing grows up to be a beauty with many admirers pursuing her, she dreams of a passionate romance with a man she loves, but when she does fall in love, it is love at first sight, the man being An Ran's boyfriend, Yan You.

She never thought her story would be such a dog-bloodied one, just like those stories where the female lead falls in love with her sister's or best friend's boyfriend, and then the two will overcome the gossips surrounding them and courageously be together in the end. She wonders, would it be the same for her?

Whilst An Qing is troubled by her thoughts, shamelessly yearning for her sister's boyfriend, she still holds a little hope inside of her.

She starts to see An Ran more frequently, in hopes of getting to know Yan You more.

An Ran has always loved to share her happiness with An Qing since young, and would tell her all about her relationship with Yan You, from how they met to their sweet little moments. This only made An Qing more jealous, but she just smiles in front of her sister, her love for Yan You continuing to grow.

No one would have thought that this perfect child has already developed such an ugly side to her, suppressing her pain as she sinks further into jealousy.

That's right, she's prettier than An Ran, she's more favoured than An Ran, she receives more doting love from their parents than An Ran, all this, she doesn't care about, but why is it that the person she cares about, just has to care about An Ran more?

An Ran, based on what?

It was her that passed the tissues to An Ran when An Ran cried, it was her that comforted An Ran when An Ran was upset, it was her that brought warmth to An Ran when An Ran was lonely, but why must An Ran still have to snatch away the only person she cares about?

Three years passes, Yan You and An Ran's relationship is still going strong, already making marriage plans.

It was in this moment, that An Ran was diagnosed with blood cancer.

Whilst this brought shock and sorrows, An Qing also sees the light in this.

An Ran and Yan You's clear skies has been clouded, and An Qing is stunned, aside from the complicated emotions of sorrow, she vaguely gives rise to joy, perhaps, she has a chance.

It is in human nature to chase after one's own happiness, ignoring the pain it brings others.

Just like how An Qing in this very moment, didn't give the slightest consideration to how much pain An Ran would be in.

Every person's heart has an ugly demon, once released, there is no going back.

Yan You continues to diligently stay by An Ran's side, despite the treatments causing her hair to fall out, despite the treatments causing her temper to get worse, despite his parents crying for him to break up.

An Qing is pained by this sight of him, if only the one he loves is her.

Days pass with everyone waiting for the end they dare not to face.