Chapter 19

In the twenty-first century, there is a term called: 'Mary Sue'.

'Mary Sue' is not a person, 'Mary Sue' is not a pastry (pastry in Chinese is sū / 酥), 'Mary Sue' is a disease.

Every person is suffering this disease 'Mary Sue', it is but a matter of how serious it is.

If minor, then that is called occasional self-appreciation, to those living in the hectic urban city, it is instead a kind of normal self-regulation.

If serious, that is 'princess' or 'prince' disease, chest full of strong self-confidence and self-centredness, this symptom usually appears in those so-called favoured children of God, to put it bluntly, it is nothing but narcissism.

And this guy, Meng Shao Jue, clearly belongs to the latter.

Towards his behaviour of seeing himself as a 'swan', I am already unaffected by it, I wait until I could stand steadily before taking a little step back, tilting my head in puzzlement, saying: "Young Master?"

Meng Shao Jue spreads open the purple jade fan with one gentle wave of his hand, it is unclear how genuine his words are as he says: "Young Master? No no no, this addressment of yours is overwhelming this commoner with more than what I deserve, Fifth—Prin—cess."

Those last three syllables were spoken with extreme slowness, incomparably mysterious, my eyes curls into smiles, as I shyly say: "Now you know, it's no longer interesting, not fun anymore."

A bright light flashes past Meng Shao Jue's long and narrow phoenix eyes, before he slowly says: "Not fun anymore?" He suddenly steps towards me, extending his hand to hold a lock of my hair, as he delicately plays with it, his thin lips lets out a few sounds of soft laughter, "From what I see......not necessarily."

His hand loosens, no longer playing with my hair, yet those black orbs were set dead on me, "I originally wanted to have you stay in the Meng Estate for a few more days, after all, a maid as interesting as you is not easy to find, but who knew this person - Guan Yue - would suddenly jump in midway, forcing me to hand you over so early, how disappointing. But......" He half narrows his phoenix eyes, expression looking rather evil, "Ah-Lan, I still need to thank you this time, had I not encountered you, I would still have to go around in another circle......believe me, all has only just begun, in future, there will be many fun situations, I can only hope that when that time comes, you would still be able to smile like you are now, so......so 'naively'."

On his handsome face, there is still that dashingly unrestrained smile, but for some unknown reason, there is an underlying mysterious feeling. I believe my intuition is correct, Meng Shao Jue has long known who I am, and made appropriate use of me, achieving some sort of purpose. And this purpose could perhaps be to discuss with Eldest Cousin, the grand opportunity to be put in charge of the army's food supplies.

Of course, I am only saying perhaps.

Towards the 'baffling' 'indicative' words he speaks of, I show no reaction whatsoever, only speaking with slight dismay: "You know now, Cousin knows now, that means I can't go to the Meng Estate anymore."

Meng Shao Jue lightly twitches his phoenix eyes, "En? Are you going to miss me?"

I look at the ground as I speak in self-absorption: "Can't go to the Meng Estate anymore, which means I can't see Ying Lu anymore, which means I can't see Xiao Hei anymore, which means I can't eat that little pear tree that's filled with little pears in Young Master's courtyard anymore."

I feel that the me right now, is really so sad, so sad ah.

Meng Shao Jue did not show much of a reaction when I said the first few points, but as soon as I said 'that little pear tree that's filled with little pears', his expression suddenly changes.