Chapter 30

The rumoured Ling Xian Er, rather than listening to rumours, better to meet in person, at a blooming age with delicately pretty looks, as well as, impulsive and brainless behaviour.

I just plainly cast her a glance, and then mind my own business as I play with the teacup, leaving Ling Zhi to shout: "Xian Er, have you forgotten to bring your eyes out with you today? Maid? Take a good look! This is the kingdom's fifth princess! Aren't you going to quickly offer Princess your apologies!" After scolding her, Ling Zhi apologetically turns to me, saying: "My younger sister is impulsive and reckless, may Princess not take it to heart."

I think to myself, why should I take it to heart? Nothing but a young lass I'm not acquainted with, really not worth that much. I turn my head to look at Yuwen Rui, seriously asking, "Cousin."

"En." Yuwen Rui's elongated eyes are half lowered, unable to see his emotions.

I stroke my own face, saying in puzzlement: "Do I really look like a maid?" This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last.

Yuwen Rui faintly hooks up the corners of his lips, his eyes stirred with interest, "Very alike."

I turn my head away, if it isn't just looking a little plainer, looking unthreatening, I'm happy to look like a maid.

"Get rid of these two things." Yuwen Rui flicks my double buns, "And perhaps you wouldn't."

Alright then, I admit, these two bun indeed makes me look extremely plain, but letting my hair flow down like Imperial Sister? Arms crossed, forget it, I'd rather continue being the maid I am.

"Gentleman, Xian Er was a little reckless just now, may Gentleman not be angered by it." Ling Xian Er mumbles, eyes circulating around Yuwen Rui's body, then suddenly looks at me, lips curling into a smile as she says: "Princess, I'm truly sorry, that was very blind of me just now, you're the bigger person with a generous heart, please don't take it to heart. I have long heard [Older] Sister speak of Gentleman having a cousin he dotes on, today I finally get to meet you. I originally thought princesses are all pretty and beautiful like deities, but did not think you would look so adorable, a mistake a mistake, definite a mistake."

Hearing her say such a vast ocean of words so smoothly, with it not containing any special meaning, I can only presume it is all nothing but a vein standing out from her skin (speaking out of annoyance). I courteously smile at her, lowering my head to continue playing with the cup.

"Gentleman, is your injury alright?" Ling Xian Er asks with great concern.

Yuwen Rui plainly says: "It's nothing."

"Gentleman, I, I, it's all my fault, had it not been for me, you wouldn't have gotten injured." Ling Xian Er's voice sound so dejected, evidently regretful.

"Since you know you're wrong, then avoid it by all means next time, if not, punishment by military laws." Yuwen Rui always speaks like this, unable to decipher his emotion from his cold voice, but is able to make people involuntarily remember each and every word.

"Yes!" Lian Xian Er brightly responds, "Many thanks for Gentleman's exempting grace!"

Yuwen Rui asks: "Where's Ling Miao Er?"

"[Older] Sister Miao ah, hei-hei, Gentleman." Ling Xian Er's words are a little mischievous, "Sister Miao will be here soon, it's been three months since Gentleman and her have seen each other, right? Now it's finally time to resolve the bitterness of yearning."

"Xian Er." Ling Zhi speaks up with extreme unrest, "This isn't the army, watch what you're saying, don't speak so disorderly."

Ling Xian Er carelessly says: "What does it matter? Not like there's any outsiders here. Princess is Gentleman's younger sister, like we need to be afraid she would spill it to others."