Chapter 49

I admit that these words of Consort Mi that suddenly came out nowhere, made me feel a little strange, followed by a full of chest of amusement and interest. Turns out my completely placid days have finally given rise to waves, this place that is the Imperial Palace has not a single spot that is peaceful, such words are indeed true.

I do not show a look of panic, nor a look of guilt, only hooking up my red lips and smile more and more sweetly, "What makes your highness say this?"

Consort Mi does not appear as sharp and cold as before, the voice coming from her throat as soft as glutinous rice, so attractive, "An honest person doesn't speak shady words, since I am able to stand before you and say these words, that shows that I have full confidence in all of this. Since that is the case, why is Princess covering and hiding your heart?"

I innocently blink, "Your highness has misunderstood, my meaning is, why are you so certain that his majesty isn't giving me sincere doting love, why are you certain that what he's giving me is false display of affection?" I deliberately act shy as I say: "His majesty, he said his feelings for me are sincere."

Consort Mi covers her mouth and chuckles, face delicate, posture elegant, "[Younger] Sister is indeed still just a child, how could a man's words be completely trusted? Not to mention, that person is even the monarch of the kingdom." Her water-like eyes slightly looks down, tender voice saying: "You ah, how could you possibly be Lian's opponent? Lian sure is getting more and more out of hand, to even mess with a cute little lass like you."

I grow increasingly interested as I listen to her, doubtfully asking: "Your highness, you know his majesty very well?"

"Lian ah......" Her eyes are like water, romantic feelings slowly circulating within, "In this world, who else could know him better than I?"

I lightly bite down on my bottom lip, anxiously saying: "Your highness' meaning is......"

Her white hand touches my face, as she speaks in a warm tone: "He and I have known each other since childhood, also promised one another commitment for a lifetime since childhood......" She abruptly furrows her fine brows, "Just that unexpected problems later occurred, causing a bit of misunderstanding between he and I......"

I blankly look at her, "Ah?"

"Silly Sister, not even a grain of sand can be tolerated between lovers, of course there'd be a misunderstanding, but there will be a day this misunderstanding will be solved ah......" Her slender fingers are slightly ice-cold, yet the smile on her face is bright, "He'd always love to find people to anger me, but these ladies are really innocent. Lian ah, Lian, what is the need in this now?"

I secretly laugh inside, silly sister? I see it's more like you're really treating me as silly, treating me like I lived fifteen years for nothing. I want to say something, but stop again to look at her, finally mumbling: "But......"

"En, but what?"

"But......" I slowly say to her: "His majesty never mentions your highness to me ah."

Consort Mi's face instantly changes colours, then those quiet and dark eyes show sadness as she says: "Of course he cannot possible mention me, afraid Lian is still mad at me. Sister is Yun Mi's princess, naturally unaware of Lian's and my past......" She faintly sighs, "Forget it, forget it, all has already passed by."

I seem to have also been infected by her sorrows, lowering my tone in saying: "So, so it's like this......"

"Silly Sister." She takes my hand, "I know it was Lian's bad, shouldn't have captured you here from Yun Mi......but Lian had just been angered by that cousin of yours, then hears that your cousin dotes on you the most, hence capturing you here......Sister mustn't blame him."