Chapter 2

That middle-aged man took me to a place before instructing me to wait on the side, I too, just acted obedient and listened well. Not long after, he and a middle-aged woman comes out together, I see that that woman's face is quite square, brows slightly raised, from appearance alone, looks like another shrewd one.

The middle-aged man tells me to go along with that middle-aged woman, and so I know that I have already been sold, just don't know how much I was sold for?

I quietly follow the woman to a horse carriage, whilst that middle-aged man followed alongside us, trying his best to suppress his smile so that I don't notice anything strange. And I very cooperatively, pretend to not see anything off about the situation, looks like I am his 'unexpected fortune'.

I step into the horse carriage, unsurprisingly seeing a good few girls already inside, all approximately aged thirteen or fourteen. Looking at their appearances, it seems that they all belong to the fair and delicate type, I assume that the place I'm going to would not accept any worse either.

All those girls keeps their heads slightly lowered, fingers helplessly winding up their own hair.

I suddenly feel happy, nobody would have thought that I'd actually be happy to sell myself off, eh, no, more like blatantly serve myself up. But no one can blame me for this, spending my days in the palace for over ten years really has suffocated me, I need a surprise, although, this could very well become other people's fright.

These other people, includes Seventh Brother. Of course, I can also imagine Oldest Cousin raging at Seventh Brother after finding out they had lost me......

Seventh Brother sure is fortunate, one must know, this refined scum that is Oldest Cousin is not one to easily get angry. But occasionally, when the raging flames has been lit, it will definitely cause a painful burn.

Amen, Seventh Brother, may the lord be with you.

I quietly daze out in the horse carriage for a very very long time, until someone lifts the curtains, the blinding light that comes pouring in causes me to squint my eyes. The middle-aged woman and an aunt tells us all to step out of the carriage, and then proceeds to line us up into a little squad before we enter through what is clearly the back door.

I continue to obediently act like a silly girl, oh, I can finally accomplish one of my ten biggest dreams I had in the past, to come to the ancient times and be a maid. My heart felt a little moment of satisfaction.

In front, the aunt in brown clothing who is negotiating with the middle-aged woman supposedly has some sort of role that puts her in charge, those sparkling eyes looks at the few of us as though choosing white cabbages at the market, don't know just how many times her eyes had circled around us altogether, but in the end, she finally nods her head at the middle-aged woman and says a few words.

I automatically translated her words as: "En, the white cabbages this time aren't bad."

And so, it's time to be transferred over again, the woman dusts off her clothing and was ready to leave with great satisfaction, right before leaving, she even spoke to us with deep affection: "Coming to the Meng Estate is your blessing, remember to listen to Aunt Fu well from now on, understand?"

A line of white cabbages uniformly nods their heads.

Especially this white cabbage that is I, nodding in particularly sincerely.

Once the middle-aged woman left, Aunt Fu comes. She stands before us and carefully looks us up and down, eyes scanning from one girl's hair to the soles of their feet, and finally that pair of extremely ghostly eyes sets onto me.