Chapter 10

A long time ago, I had already learnt that speaking is a skill, within that, satire is even more so a skill within a skill.

Some people spit out mouthfuls of aggressive swearing, in the end, the listener would only see it as though they're speaking into thin air, inwardly thinking: vulgar, oh so vulgar.

Some people quietly smiles, but within their words is a hidden needle, within their phrases is a buried sword. Causing the listener's face to transition from colours of white, orange, yellow, green and purple, but in face of the opponent's gentle and friendly smile, they are unable to do anything, and in the end, can only swallow their crushed teeth down into their stomach (crushed from gnashing their teeth). The saying 'a mute is unable to voice out the bitterness of eating coptis chinensis' (to have no choice but to suffer in silence), refers to such people.

All in all, time will always remind us, that we must be one who is very skilled in speaking, and I personally feel that, speaking is not a form of art, but is even more so intelligence. *Cough cough*, for example, when you have in fact, absolutely, thoroughly, suffered a huge loss from someone, but in the very next second, make her feel that, it was but only an illusion?

Alright, I admit that sometimes, I am in fact a tiny little bit of a bad person.

I watch San-er's face stiffen, her lips making a move, but does not let out any sound, she looks at Liu Ru Xu at a loss, but Liu Ru Xu only looks at me coldly, surprise and doubt sweeping past her eyes.

"Ah-, Ah-Lan." Ying Lu stutters, eyes filled with shock, "You, you,"

"Young Lady!" I knit my brows together, very seriously and solemnly saying, "Don't be afraid, my mother has told me, whoever's meat you eat, whoever's person you are, I will protect you!"

......instant silence.

"Pu!" Ying Lu covers her mouth, eyes filled with laughter, unable to hold back anymore, she once again laughs out loud, "Hahaha, so what you mean is, you've eaten my meat, and now you are mine?"

I answer in a matter of fact manner, "Of course."

I continue to look at San-er and Liu Ru Xu with hostility, my entire body letting out an air of 'you are not my kind'. And then, later, I unsurprisingly see San-er's expression slowly change from embarrassment and helplessness to disdain and contempt, and Liu Ru Xu also restores her own bearings of an icy beauty, delicate and cold. (the original text used for delicate and cold is 楚楚冻人 / chǔ chǔ dòng rén which isplay on words with the phrase 楚楚动人 / chǔ chǔ dòng rén which is fancy way of calling some beautiful, the literal translation is something along the lines of delicate and heart fluttering)

"San-er," Liu Ru Xu actually speaks up, her voice clear and cold, unconventionally pleasant to the ears, "Let's go."

Having said that, she turns around, her skirt drawing a beautiful curve. San-er naturally ignores us, responding with a sound of "yes" and prepares to leave. At this time, Ying Lu slowly says: "Hold up."

Her deliberately toned-down voice carrying a few points of oppression and dignified pressure that cannot be neglected, San-er had just come to a pause, when Ying Lu slowly walks up to her side, tugging up a smile on her originally emotionless face, but in reality, this smile is much more shiver-inducing than not smiling at all. She speaks to San-er with unusual friendliness: "What's your surname?"

San-er's eyes quickly blinks once, "Meng."

Regarding the servants of the Meng family, the very moment they enter the estate, they all take on the surname — Meng.