Chapter 56

I think to myself, even if a bald man uses the few strands of remaining hair on his head to make a guess, he too, will be able to guess what holy being has graced us.

That's right, that person is none other than the eldest gentleman of the Yuwen Clan, Yuwen Rui.

Even if he is wearing that face that I have only seen once before, even if he is wearing the imperial army uniform that I'm not familiar with, even if, that clean fragrance on his body is no longer there.

He is still Yuwen Rui, able to look way up to heaven and down low on earth, he who doesn't seem incapable of anything - Yuwen Rui.

By the looks of this situation, seems like the continuous fire around the palace has all been explained, the one wreaking havoc, other than Yuwen Rui, who else could it be? Forget it, forget it, forget it, either way, the fact that he likes to cause trouble for others is not something new, just that after He Lian Chen finds out, he will definitely be gritting his teeth hatefully. Past grudges plus new vengeance, the rift between these two is indeed growing bigger and bigger.

Due to having my acupoints tapped, I am unable to utter a sound, nor make a single move, only able to blink at him, whilst thinking to myself, this mask of his truly is very well made, not at all stiff nor uneasy to look at.

Yuwen Rui gives my face a squeeze, helping me release my acupoints and calmly throws a set of clothes at me. He only says one word, "Quick."

And so, not long after, I become a weak bodied and ordinary looking little soldier.

The following course of events seems to flow on smoothly, Deputy Commander Qi and a little solider freely wanders around the palace without any obstruction, hence very quickly leaving the palace gates and onto the horses. After leaving the imperial army's sight at the palace gates, Yuwen Rui does not hesitate at all to pick me up from the smaller horse, setting me in front of him. With the night wind becoming sharp due to the hectic speed of the horse, I am forced to squint my eyes, a few strands of hair restlessly get into my mouth. Just as I wanted to reach up to get rid of them, Yuwen Rui beat me to it, his big hand then pulls me onto his chest, such action is not at all gentle, and is even considerably an act of spite, yet it thoroughly makes me light up with happiness.

This guy is actually throwing a temper at me.

I don't struggle against him either, just obediently resting against his chest as I close my eyes. Mm, so sleepy, really want to sleep.

And then I really fell asleep.

Only when Yuwen Rui carries me off the horse, do I hazily open my eyes, then looking around at my surroundings, I see that we've already reached the main road, and on the main road, there is currently a middle-aged man slowly driving a horse carriage towards us. After arriving in front of us, that person respectfully addresses: "Gentleman, Young Lady."

Yuwen Rui says nothing, slightly nodding then carries me into the carriage. The horse carriage is so simple without any adornments inside and out, but it is still clean and comfortable. I rub my eyes, preparing to sprawl onto the soft blanket to sleep, but my head receives a poke from Yuwen Rui's finger.

His clear and cold voice sounding lukewarm, "Truly a heartless one."

I look at his unfamiliar face, and that familiar pair of indifferent eyes, tugging at his sleeve and shakes it, "Cousin, I'm sleepy."

"Sleepy?" He placidly speaks, "Didn't you just sleep?"

I yawn, lazily saying: "Don't know, just keep wanting to sleep these days."

"I see he spoilt you into getting a noble disease." He slightly narrows his eyes, unable to make out his emotions in his voice.

I deeply feel powerless, muttering, "Even if spoilt, it would've been you who did the spoiling."