Chapter 18

What does it mean to be unkind? The answer can be found by looking at Yuwen Rui.

In such a situation, a normal person should make strong counterattack in return, fiercely teaching him a lesson, of course I also want this. I want to turn around and sharply glare at him, then reach out to poke at his temple, scolding: "Kindness kindness, do you understand what kindness is young man?"

But I cannot, because I am An Ke Lan, that paralysed face, dull, the one who had been bullied by him since young, An Ke Lan.

That's right, you have not guessed wrong, I am the one who leads a bitter life in the imperial palace, Ah-Lan.

Deep down, I am wiping away the tears of sympathy for myself, when I'm suddenly aroused with the idea of playing copycat. I face the mirror and stroke my own face, then with a look of dullness, I say: "Eldest Cousin, you simply don't understand my......sorrows." (Copying her imperial Sister, see chapter one)

Behind me, Yuwen Rui's body freezes for a moment, before burying his head into my neck to muffle his laugh, "Ah-Lan......your imitation is, en, very similar, *cough cough*, extremely similar."

My hands tighten and loosens and tightens again, after over ten times of repeating this, they finally rest at both sides of my body, calmly. Very well, looks like I have amused you, El—dest—Cou—sin.

With his bright and clear skin against my neck, a slightly icy-cold breath brings a small trace of alternative comfort. I leave him to embrace me without any objection, since a young age I have already grown accustomed to his intimate behaviour, and I understand he will not do anything that exceeds this.

Yuwen Rui quietly embraces me for a long time, then when the sound of footsteps can be heard from outside, he raises his head, very naturally holding my hand and walks to the table, as we had just sat down, Xi Xi pushes open the doors and enters, she happily places the plate of grapes and cherries onto the table, saying: "Princess, take a look at these grapes, how fresh they are ah, how beautiful they are, quickly have a taste." Having said that, she even glances over at the grapes a few times, eyes showing envy, her mouth is even more so, tempted.

"Xi Xi." Yuwen Rui reaches out to pick a ripened purple grape, that grape covered in dew that lines his fingers also becomes tastier looking, "This grape, is sweet, right?"

"That goes without saying." Xi Xi's brows excitedly dances, "This is but a new variety Gentleman has specially found for Princess, how can it not be sweet?"

Yuwen Rui peels the grape skin with refined movements, his voice graceful as he speaks: "So, this grape skin, is it tasty?"

Xi Xi is a little suspicious, "Gentleman, these words of yours are......" The next second, her face appears somewhat like 囧, "Eh, what was that again, Lady Ling Zhi was just looking for me, may Princess and Gentleman enjoy, this servant shall take her leave first."

Then she leaves in a rush just like how she came in a rush.

I grow disappointed, Xi Xi, how did become so dumb after staying at the Yuwen Estate for a few days, to actually be stupid enough to have grape skin stuck on your skirt after sneakily eating grapes.

"Open your mouth." Yuwen Rui flatly says.

I obediently raise my head and open my mouth, eating that juicy grape from his hand.

"Is it sweet?" He takes a handkerchief to wipe his hand, leisurely asking.

I swallow the burst of grape juice, "Sweet."

"Is it tasty?" He once again picks a grape but does not peel it, only casually playing with it in hand.

I blink, "Tasty."