Chapter 72

I expressionlessly leave him to suck my finger, feeling increasingly irritated at heart.

He loosens his hold, traces of blood tainting his lips, making his skin appear even more fair, handsome face gaining an additional touch of devilishness, "It's fine now."

I coldly look at him, "Meng Shao Jue, you had aired me out enough now."

"Ah-Lan." He caresses my face, fingertip soft and delicate, "I have just been a little busy these days."

"Busy?" I chuckle, "Busy with what? Busy with interrogating Yuwen Rui?"

He narrows his phoenix eyes, unable to work out his feelings from his black eyes, "Three days ago, you were still laughing and chatting to me, three days later, you're already unable to hold on, Ah-Lan, your patience has gotten worse."

Qing Ya had already withdrawn, only he and I are left in the room now, I don't bother beating around the bush with him either, saying: "What rights do I have to be competing in patience with you?"

"No rights?" He grabs my wrist, slightly tightening his hold, "An Ke Lan, how could you have no rights?"

He pulls me into his arms, black orbs shiningly looking at me, suppressing his anger as he says: "Back then, who was it that was still able to remain calm after being sold into the Meng Estate? Who was it that was able to remain carefree in face of San-er's provocation? Who was it that had not an ounce of fear before me and Ying Lu? Who was it that was still able to leisurely exchange attacks with me after consuming the venomous bug, clearly disregarding me?"

He spits out the words one by one: "And who was it that did not panic at all in face of the chaotic scene in the palace, rescuing the emperor in a calm and composed manner? You were once so patient, yet now, you can't withstand it after just three days?"

I say nothing, just staring right at him.

"A great Yuwen Rui." He satirically says: "Didn't think he is actually able to affect you to this point."

"Meng Shao Jue." I speak up, "The present cannot compare to the past, I am no longer that Ah-Lan you know, nor are you the great young master of the Meng Estate I faced back then."

How could he not understand the meaning in my words, his eyes abruptly turns sharp, then laughs instead of being angered, "Well said, you are no longer the you of the past." He stands, brushing off his sleeves as he says with a smile: "I still have some matters at hand, shall be taking my leave first."

I watch his leaving figure and suddenly feel a surge of powerlessness, Yuwen Rui, how you must have felt when faced with my disappearance back then, I can pretty much understand it now.

This feeling really is......truly is, horrible.

After Meng Shao Jue left that day, he once again started to avoid seeing me, just that the situation is slightly different to the past days. In the past days, he had left me to air out at the side all along, whereas these several days, he had been sending things over daily.

I just coldly watch them carry those things into my room, not uttering a sound.

Qing Ya is not too happy about this, always talking about where those things have come from, how very difficult to get hold of, and how valuable they are, then take turns to express her surprise and praises, seeming to only be satisfied after she's told me something.

After the servants once again carry a bunch of things in, and I once again see and disregard them, she could no longer hold back.

"Young Lady." She walks up to me, delivering me the jade qilin cup like she's offering a treasure, "Look at this, I heard it is a cup made from the southern cold jade, with only this one existing in the world."