Chapter 32

The Yun Zhan Kingdom had sent over two envoys that aren't shocking in appearance this time, completely losing the extravagant bearings from past years. The people in the palace's opinion about this is: Yun Zhan has just gotten a new ruler, afraid that the nation's affairs are still unstable right now, nor is the emperor's authority set in stone, should one be able to get their hands on so much money, shabbiness is inevitable.

Towards this, I think otherwise, what Yun Zhan had been sending in previous years were none other than vulgar things, to come so clean this year, could it be that they've really brought some treasures?

The answer to this is unknown, the mystery can only be uncovered in three days' time, at the birthday banquet.

At a time when everyone in the palace are utterly busied with preparing Father Emperor's fiftieth birthday, I and the lass of the Meng family have both idly found a small pond to fish in. The fishes raised in this small pond are all noble varieties of goldfishes, but what does it matter? Fishes, are to be fished.

Ying Lu rests her chin in hand as she blankly stare into the pond, suddenly saying: "Ah-Lan, exactly how long have we been here, how come we still haven't caught anything?"

I hold the fishing rod, unmoving, coldly saying: "Since the moment we sat down here, you have already asked this three times." The two of us have been sitting here for no more than around fifteen minutes.

Ying Lu furrows her willow-like brows, "Ah? I've already asked that three times, and it still hasn't caught the hook, what kind of fishes are these ah, don't tell me it doesn't eat earthworms?"

I glance at her, "You've been seeing wrong, in fact, they're not fishes, they're crabs."

"Ah?" Ying Lu is dumbfounded, "Crabs?"

"Crabs don't eat earthworms."

"......"

I slowly say: "Ying Lu, since you wish to catch it, then you need only keep one word in mind."

Ying Lu curiously budges over towards me, "What word?"

"Patience."

Ying Lu pauses upon hearing this, then says: "I got it, I got it, patience, that's all I have." She turns her head and stays quiet for no longer than three minutes before speaking to me again: "Ah-Lan, why do you act dumb?"

I find this question rather hard to answer, why I act dumb? Does there have to be a reason to act dumb? In the end, I lazily speak up, "Lazy."

Ying Lu drops the fishing rod, "Lazy?"

I nod, "En."

She hooks up her red lips into a dazzling smile, beautiful eyes glimmering, "This reason of yours sure isn't bad at all, wait till tomorrow and I shall give it a try too."

I roll my eyes at her, "When that time comes, you'll be happy, but you're brother and little uncle might get frightened to death by you."

Ying Lu waves one hand, "I should give them two a little scare, who told them to treat Liu Ru Xu like a valuable treasure, so annoying to look at."

"Buddha says: what the eyes don't see is regarded as clean." I say with extreme calmness.

Ying Lu reaches over to poke me, "Ah-Lan, say, why does my brother and little uncle treat Liu Ru Xu so nice, it couldn't be that she's actually the one biologically related to them, right?"

I think to myself, how can they not? Liu Ru Xu is but Yun Ze's future matron. If I were Meng Shao Jue, I'd want nothing more but to pick the moon from the skies and gift it to her to use as a lightbulb, and also succeed in one try. I tilt my head, looking at Ying Lu, "Ying Lu, why have I never heard you speak of your father and mother?"