Chapter 80

Waiting until the third day, the moment Su Qi pushes open the doors and enters, a line of words clearly flashes in my brain: 'every cloud has a silver lining'.

Even if Yuwen Rui and I have been captured, even if I have been imprisoned here for so long, even if the plans I came up with have failed, right now, I have still found a way.

No one should lose hope at any given time, because, perhaps hope is just around the next corner, as long as you persist for a little longer, you will be able to see it.

When Su Qi sees me, a familiar tender warmth rapidly flashes past his eyes, then in the next moment, he courteously speaks up: "Fifth Princess, long time no see."

The last time we met, I was still addressing him as Seventh Brother, but now it can only be 'your majesty', lament instantly washes over me, yet my face can only remain calm as I say: "Your majesty, long time no see."

Su Qi's pair of enchanting peach blossom eyes appears unpredictable, "Fifth Princess coming to Yun Ze this time, afraid you have yet to have good tour around, right? Don't know if Princess is willing to enter the palace with zhen, wait until a day zhen is free to take you for good tour around?"

I hook up my lips, "I'd be extremely pleased to."

Su Qi smiles, pretty face filled with courtesy.

When Su Qi and I leave, Meng Shao Jue was waiting at the doors, a shallow smile surfaces on his handsome face, yet those shiny black orbs are like whirlpools, deep and gives off a sense of danger. When he sees me, he happily hooks up his thin lips, yet his eyes turns a few points colder.

He fixes his gaze onto me, slowly saying: "Is Princess that dissatisfied with this Prime Minister Estate of mine?"

I lightly say to him: "The Prime Minister Estate is naturally great, but it's not where I should be staying at."

He slightly narrows his phoenix eyes, the smile wiped clean from his lips.

"Shao Jue." Su Qi speaks up, "What is of more importance, you should be aware of this yourself."

Meng Shao Jue lowers his eyes, indifferently saying: "This subject......understands." Having said that he takes a step back, not sparing me another glance.

Upon seeing this, Su Qi says to me: "Princess please."

I clench both my hands and turn my eyes away, stepping out of this place that I have stayed in for almost a month.

Fated but not destined, or destined but not fated, who is to care about this now?

The blue coloured sedan is considerably comfortable inside, I slowly close my eyes, recalling Meng Shao Jue's troubled expression from before, and lightly sigh. Towards Meng Shao Jue - this person - I still cannot say I hate him, perhaps he is cunning and ruthless, perhaps he only sees his own interests, perhaps he takes to underhanded means, but how could all this be said to be his wrong? Every person has things they cannot take control of, and he clearly went through more pain than the average person.

If I were him, maybe I would act even more ruthlessly. But I am not him, so I only wish to advise him, don't just look back when you've reach the end, only to see that everything you had wanted is already gone, and cannot be retrieved, leaving only regrets behind.

People are always like that, able to understand other people's pain, but is unable to truly feel it.

Approximately one sichen later, the sedan comes to a stop, a person who appears to be the head eunuch comes up to greet me, then takes me to a courtyard, saying to me: "Princess may wish to wash yourself first, this eunuch shall take you to see his majesty later."