Chapter 15

Gossip gossip (八卦八卦/ bā guà bā guà), the idea behind the name is to dig up (扒 / bā)someone's divination (卦 / guà). The world is beautiful because of the eight trigrams (also 八卦/ bā guà), society is interesting due to digging up other people's divination.

Gossiping is a type of instinct, be it men or women.

I calmly come to a stop in my steps, calmly pulling at my own ears, then calmly prepare to receive the information from the gossip.

Gossip Girl Two is so surprised, she shrilly speaks: "What? Young Master brought Ke Ren out? And is going to see Gentleman Yuwen?"

Gossip Girl One seriously says: "That's exactly it, didn't think Young Master would really fall for that little demoness' ways."

"Heng, is Young Master one that's easy to charm, I'm guessing he's just looking for something new. Men ah, which one of them doesn't like a young and innocent-looking lady." Gossip Girl Three speaks with experience, just that, why does it sound like that voice carries slight sourness.

"That's true, that little demoness sure is captivating in appearance, sometimes, just staring straight at you, she'll able to capture your soul." Gossip Girl One says, not without bitterness.

Gossip Girl Three once again speaks: "Heng, these young women, if not taking advantage of when they're young and pretty to make some moves, you expect them to wait until one gets old like yellowing pearls? Just watch it, it will only be these few days of being doted on, not long after, all will be back to normal, with not a trace of her shadow."

Gossip Girl Two doubtfully interjects: "Is that true? I feel that this Ke Ren isn't a simple one, she can't be compared to the ones from the past, you see, last time Zi Ling said a few words to her and was immediately stopped by Young Master, such matter has never happened before."

"Heng, during the time of favouring, anything that happens is no surprise. Heng, this is also good, diminishes Zi Ling's domineering force, just because she was by Young Master's side for a little longer, she really thinks that makes her half a master. In future, wait until Young Master marries a young mistress, no, even if it is just a concubine, it will be enough to put her in suffering," Needless to say, this is also Gossip Girl Three.

"Then, what if Zi Ling also becomes a concubine?" Gossip Girl One asks.

Gossip Girl Three continues to pour cold water, "Heng, even if she becomes a concubine, she is still but a side woman, heng."

"Ai~, even if it is just becoming Young Master's concubine, I would still be happy." Gossip Girl Two sighs.

"Heng, if it was me, I'd......" Gossip Girl Three pauses, "I'd also be willing."

Gossip Girl One sounds a ridiculing laughter, saying: "You two sure are good for nothing, what's so good about being Young Master's concubine, if it was me, I'd......

"You'd what?" Gossip Girl Two immediately asks.

"I'd be Gentleman Yuwen's concubine." Gossip Girl One's voice is laced with fantasy, "I have seen Gentleman Yuwen once, that is what one truly calls refined, polite, and incomparably handsome, he was just stood there without doing anything and was able to make my heart sound pu-tong pu-tong....."

I hang my head, may I ask, does your little heart not beat when you don't see him then?

"Keep dreaming you, is Gentleman Yuwen someone we can even think of? The threshold of General Yuwen's family is but so high it cannot get any higher, regardless of what we say, they should be matched with royalty." Gossip Girl Three once again speaks, "But Gentleman Yuwen isn't young anymore either, how come there's never any word of romantic affairs surrounding him?"