Chapter 36

Hearing Yuwen Rui's words, Xi Xi very happily hooks up the corners of her lips, "Then this servant shall leave first, may Gentleman and Princess take your time talking."

I feel the corner of my eyes twitch. Yuwen Rui, why is it Yuwen Rui again? Did he not just come by? Why is he here again?

After Xi Xi leaves the room, only Yuwen Rui and I are left, his face dropping the previous look of anger, clearly refined face carrying a faint smile, elegantly pacing over to my bedside and sits down.

"What, want to see his majesty?" He gently says, unable to make out any emotions in that cool and pleasant-sounding voice.

I raise my head to look at him, "Father Emperor is injured."

"En," He lightly purses his lips, a sharp light flashing past his fox eyes, "You're also injured."

Eh......

I slowly say: "I have awakened." But Father Emperor has not yet.

Yuwen Rui pretends to go along with me as he nods, "Are you able to move?"

I move my fingers, en, it's rather flexible, "Should be able."

He does not expose me, neither hurried nor slow as he says: "Are you able to get out of bed by yourself?"

Get out of bed? *Cough cough*, this is a rather difficult one. But don't I still have Xi Xi and the others? I say: "Perhaps able."

"Perhaps?" Yuwen Rui lets out a little chuckle, those fox eyes making a slight move, "Do you wish to fall and tear another wound open on your way there? Or perhaps want to......"

I stick out my ear, want to? Want to what?

He shows no shame at all in saying: "Want to have me carry you over to visit his majesty?"

"Obviously don't want." I firmly say.

"Is that so ah......?" Yuwen Rui seriously thinks for a bit, then very casually says: "You just put your heart to rest and recuperate then, wait until you're able to step on the ground yourself before starting to worry about others."

I fall silent after hearing this, looks like the matter of visiting Father Emperor, will require a thoroughly planned underground battle.

Just as Yuwen Rui and I were countering one another back and forth, someone lightly knocks on the door, asking: "Ah-Lan, can I come in?"

Yuwen Rui gets up to open the door, saying to Imperial Sister outside: "She's only just woke up, you have a good talk with her." After saying that, Yuwen Rui considerately closes the doors and leaves, giving Imperial Sister and I some time alone.

Imperial Sister approaches me, the usually stunningly beautiful face now pale and haggard, her eyes also losing its past brilliant shine. She forces herself to smile in front of me, "Ah-Lan, you're finally awake."

I don't know how to describe my current feelings, this look of Imperial Sister's is something I have already expected, on one hand, I'm brutally thinking the sooner she faces it, the sooner she will submit to facts, one the other hand, I cannot bear to see the pain she is in right now. I think, Imperial Sister ultimately needs to experience some pain to be able to mature.

"Imperial Sister." I speak up, carrying happiness in my voice, "I'm no longer a fool."

Imperial Sister's expression brightens up a little, sitting at the edge of my bed, saying: "That's right ah, I heard from Xi Xi, it was you who saved Father Emperor at the time. Ah-Lan, how come you're suddenly not a fool anymore?"

I blink at her, "Imperial Physician said my brain originally had a blood clot, then after smelling that something-something fragrant, I was actually cured, say, isn't it strange?"