Ferris Wheel (Jeg)

Requested by: No one :P

Type: Fluff

AU: None

Pairing: Jeg (Meg x Joy)

Meg's POV:

Alright, this was gonna suck ass. Why did I even agree to this......? I agreed to go on a Ferris Wheel with Joy, even though I'm deadly afraid of heights. It was a really dumb thing, but I never mentioned it to anyone, except for Spring and Fox. It's my own fault, I should've told her. But I really wanted to spent some more time with her, she had been absent nearly the entire election for the Spring Event, and I really missed her. Besides, if I had told her, she would immediately try to think of something else to do. While that would be cool for me, I didn't want that to happen because Joy really loves Ferris Wheels, and she's been through a lot lately. I just had to suck it up and get onto it with her. I chose my school uniform to wear so I would get a discount at the Amusement Park, and instead of making my usual neat bun, I asked Spring to braid my hair. It was a hairstyle I used to wear a lot, but eventually forgot about. I walked outdoors only to be greeted by Joy's back. Did she really come all the way to my house for our 'date'? As soon as she heard footsteps, Joy turned around with a flashy smile on her face. She was wearing a cute yellow dress with blue sneakers that matched her eyes.

"Meg, hi!" She greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey. How are you?" I was surprised at my own politeness.

"Oh.....I'm good! What about you?" Joy seemed a bit confused at my attempt at small talk.

"I'm also fine. Is Golden still homeless?" I accidentally blurted out that last part.

"Wait, he's homeless?!" Joy gasped and looked at me for a clear answer.

"W-what? No, I, uh, actually meant if he's still recycling bottle caps?" My obvious lie didn't get to Joy.

She hummed in disbelief before smiling again and linking my arm with hers. Huh, that's new. Sure, we often walked around with our arms around each other's neck (a very boyish thing to do for us) but she's never linked arms before. Whatever, that's nice too! We entered the carnival and paid for some tickets. There would be fireworks at about 21:00 so we still had forty minutes left before we'd get onto the wheel. Anything to stay away from that thing a little longer.......

"So, what should we do first?" Joy asked, looking around like an excited puppy.

"Hmm......do you wanna go to the prize counters maybe? We can look for something we like and then try to win it." I suggested absently.

I used to do that all the time with my parents and brother way back before the accident happened......... Joy's happy voice snapped me out of my depressing thoughts.

"Sure! Let's do that!"

I nodded and both of us stared down all the prizes. There were a lot of animal plushies, laser pens and lame hats. I took a liking to some cute hairpins and Joy's eyes were fixated onto a yellow chicken plushie. It looked ridiculous, but strangely adorable as well. I made it my personal mission to win that plushie for her. It was a cliché thing to do, but Joy really sucks at carnival games so I might as well help her. I could've cried at how easy the game was, fishing ducks. How can you suck at that? That's a question Joy didn't seem to be able to answer me. I fished just enough ducks to buy the giant chicken plushie, but there weren't any points left for the hairpins. I was a little bit dissapointed but bought it for Joy anyways. When I turned around I she was gone.

"Joy?" I calmly called out for her and heard shuffling behind me.

"Surprise!"

Two slim arms wrapped around me from behind. Joy kept her hands in fists before opening them to reveal the hairpins I wanted.

"Joy.....thank you so much!" I grinned before trapping her into a hug.

The chicken got squeezed underneath us which made both of us laugh.

"These would look really cute on you!" She put two pins in my hair.

After that she took out her pocket mirror and handed it to me. Oh......I do look kinda cute with those. I shyly handed her the chicken which she took with glee.

"It's about time we get onto the Ferris Wheel!" Joy announced with a small bounce.

"Huh? But we still got 20 minutes!" Okay, so we took twenty minutes at the duck pond, but who cares?

"Yeah, but the line is really long!" Joy explained, already walking towards the Ferris Wheel.

One thing Joy really is good at is math. She said that if the pace of the line would remain the same, we'd get on the wheel right before the fireworks start. And guess what? She was right. We hopped into our cabin and I immediately wanted to get off.

"We'd better not get stuck at the top......." I grumbled.

"Aww, we'll have the best sight from there on, though!" Joy said with a giggle.

The wheel quietly started moving and I tensed up. The wheel got higher and higher, and the booming fireworks outside didn't help me calm down at all. Joy's amazed expression made it all worth it, though. Then suddenly, when we almost reached the top, she put her hand on top of mine. My eyes shot to her narrowed ones.

Third Person's POV:

Joy sadly smiled, expecting to get yelled at for having these feelings for another girl. But Meg didn't move, instead, Joy could feel that she was starting to relax a bit. Joy looked her straight in the eye. Meg smiled sweetly at her, as a sign of letting her know she felt the same way. They didn't have to talk, they both knew what they wanted. And so they sat in silence, watching the fireworks as they got closer and closer to the ground. A voiceless confession, which they'd both remember clearly.