Boats and Birds (Freg)

Requested by: WallFlower8870

Type: Song-fic (Boats and Birds by Gregory and the Hawk)

AU: None

Pairing: Freg (Freddy x Meg)

Third Person's POV:

If you be my star, I'll be your sky~

Freddy felt the leaves crumble underneath his heavy brown boots. It was rather dark outside, and already past his bedtime. He snuck out of the house in an attempt to calm Fred down. Today had been really bad. Fred fought with Owynn, which let to a whole drama. Freddy had also been punished, even though he had nothing to do with it. Fred just kept saying "sorry" over and over again. And since Fred usually calmed down from walking at night, Freddy decided to stroll through the forest and to the fishing lake. Fred's voice in his head had silenced a while ago, so besides the wind rustling, there was complete silence.

You can hide underneath me, and come out at night~

Freddy nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the sound of splashing nearby. Out of curiosity, he got closer to the sound. And......there she was. Sitting on a small bridge, her white hair glistening in the moonlight with the starry sky above her. Meg. Freddy and Fred have had a crush on her ever since they first saw her. Her Tsundere attitude was cute, and she was a very independent girl. That's the thing that caught their attention about her. He must've been spacing out, since he only snapped out of his thoughts when a melodic and somewhat surprised voice called out to him.

When I turn yet black, and you show off your light~

"H-huh?" Freddy blinked a few times to try and see Meg's silhouette more clearly.

A light laugh escaped the girl's lips.

"I asked you what you're doing here."

".........oh. I'm just going on a walk, what about you?" He could hear Fred cheering for him because he didn't stutter even once.

I live to let you shine~

"Same here. I often come here to stargaze......" As she finished, Meg turned her face away from the brunette before patting the spot next to her.

Surprised, Freddy carefully sat down next to her. Meg had taken off her shoes and was resting both of her feet in the water below them. Freddy suddenly felt his own feet ache, so he took off his own shoes as well. His eyes were flickering again, meaning Fred was trying to come out.

"Let me out, dude! I wanna throw a rock into the lake!"

Freddy softly sighed and allowed Fred to take over. Meg didn't seem to notice when Fred came out. Fred took a rock from the side of the bridge and threw it harshly into the lake, not even bothering to let it skip.

I live to let you shine~

"Take that, you fucking lake!" Fred loudly cheered.

Meg laughed at the brunette's words. She didn't expect him to throw a rock, nonetheless swear, but it was a rather funny sight.

"You wanna gaze at some stars?" Meg wasn't sure as to why she was being friendly to the leader of her rival band, but it just felt right.

"Ah, sure!" Did his eyes just flash??

And so there fell another silence between them, thankfully not an awkward one. Freddy's eyes lit up as he stared at the beautiful night sky, and Meg couldn't help but think about how adorable he looked.

But you can skyrocket away from me~

She really, really liked Freddy. But it was hard for her to express her feelings. She used to romantically like Spring, but after he got together with Deuz, she decided to let him go. It was time to move on, and Meg really hoped she wouldn't mess up with Freddy. A lot of girls in the school were all over him, calling him "A flirty bad boy" but looking at him now, Meg really couldn't see as to how someone could think of this sweet brunette as a bad boy. He was more shy than anything, after all. Finally taking her eyes off of him, Meg turned to look at the stars again.

"Hey......is there someone you like?" Freddy suddenly asked.

Meg wasn't entirely sure how to react to the question.

And never come back if you find another galaxy~

"Uh......I guess there's someone I kinda like. Why?" She carefully analyzed his expression.

It was a mixture of excitement and......fear?

"Ha-ha, no reason!" He blurted out with a red face.

She thought of something to say, but couldn't decide on what. Tomorrow they'd probably act as if nothing happened and then both of them would go back to being rivals again. But.....it was nice just being here with him, gazing at the beautiful sky above them.

Far from here, with more room to fly~

Then Freddy did something unexpected. He lightly leaned on her shoulder, and a strand of hair covered his eye, so Meg couldn't see how he looked. She froze up, feeling her face grow hot. HOLY SH-

"I......I just wanna let you know that I think you're amazing....... And you sing better than anyone else." After he said that, a shy giggle filled the silence for him.

What is she supposed to do with that information?! Compliment him back maybe??

Just leave me your stardust to remember you by~

"You're, uhm......pretty alright yourself....." Great fucking job Meg, that's a quality compliment.

"Thank you!" Freddy turned his head to smile at her.

Protect that smile with your life.

"Ah.......I should really go now, it's very late. But.......do you wanna hang out again here, maybe tomorrow?" Freddy played around with his fingers in a nervous manner.

"Y-yeah! I mean, sure......same time?"

"Y-yeah, that's cool. See you tomorrow!" Freddy hastily waved at her and ran away before giving Meg the chance to respond.

..................he forgot his boots.