Field Trip (Eaktrap)

Requested by: No one :P

Type: Fluff

AU: Kid AU

Pairing: Eaktrap (Eak x Towntrap) with slight mentions of Freg (Freddy x Meg)

Third Person's POV:

"Okay, kids! Hop onto the bus and we'll go to the forest!" The caretaker's cheerful voice came over as obnoxious to Eak.

He grumbled and went to stand in the line of kids waiting to get on the bus.

"Does everyone have a seat buddy?" Then Eak realized he was all alone.

He had just transferred to this school a few days ago, and no one had really tried to befriend him. Well, no one except for-

"Eak! Let's be seat buddies!" Goddamn.

The gray-haired boy watched as a tall kid with orange hair approached him. Towntrap had tried to befriend him since day one, but Eak was clearly avoiding him. He was starting to feel guilty about it, but he just didn't know if a friendship with him of all people would be a good idea. Eak despised being smaller than people, and it didn't help that Towntrap was the tallest kid in his class. And another thing, he was a vegetarian. Eak was probably the biggest carnivore you'd ever meet, and he was absolutely weirded out by the fact that Towntrap could live without eating meat. Is that even physically possible?? And Eak himself liked sarcastic humor more, while Town usually cracked those lame puns. But the sparkle in the other boy's eyes made Eak's heart flutter ever so slightly.

"Alright........" Maybe giving him a chance wouldn't hurt.

"Awesome! We're gonna be the greatest besties the world has ever seen!" Towntrap put an arm around his shoulder, which made Eak reconsider his poor choices.

As they sat down, Eak could see that Freddy was trying to talk to his crush Meg. He rolled his eyes at them in a somewhat amused manner. Eak had actually kind of 'befriended' Freddy already, because his parents were working together with Freddy's, and they had a play date not so long ago. Eak thought Freddy was an alright kid. But maybe he trusted people too easily, since he told him that he was crushing on a white-haired girl named Meg as soon as they met. It was probably because the girl in question walked past them in the playground that day. Eak didn't have too much time to think about Freddy and Meg as Towntrap suddenly put something in his open hand. When Eak looked down he saw animal-shaped cookies staring back at him.

"What's this?" He somewhat timidly asked.

"They're cookies my mom baked! They're really good, and if we're gonna be friends, I thought it would be nice to share some!" Towntrap threw one into the air and easily caught it in his mouth.

Eak followed his example but the cookie fell right on his teeth.

"Ouch! Frick!" Town gasped as he heard his seat buddy swear.

"Hey, no cursing! Just try again!" Towntrap demonstrated the cookie throwing again.

Eak huffed in annoyance but tried it again anyways. This time, he succeeded. And he had to admit, the cookie tasted absolutely wonderful.

"Is your mom a baker or somethin'?" He asked with his mouth full.

"Nah, but she has a lot of free time! I often help her baking!" Towntrap cheerfully answered.

"Okay, kids! We're here!"

Eak almost choked on his cookie. They were there already?? But they haven't even been on the bus for at least an hour yet! Huh, time really flies when you're having fun...... He hopped off the bus, his new friend quickly following after him.

"Now, everyone grab your seat buddy's hand, and be sure to stay in the line." Eak wondered if caretakers ever got tired of using the same happy voice.

Towntrap took his hand with an agitated speed. Eak took the lead when they started walking. He focused on one thing at a time, while Town only had to look at something for two seconds before jumping onto the next thing.

"Hey! A fox!" Town suddenly yelled.

In an instant, Eak's attention was turned to the orange fox that was running around the other side of the path. A newfound excitement ran through his mind as he dragged Towntrap off of the path.

"Whoa, we gotta stay in the line!" Town protested as they went deeper and deeper into the woods.

"We won't be gone for too long! I just wanna catch it so I can show it to my dad!" Eak's dad loved foxes, and the young Mexican had promised to bring him one some day.

"What? No! Foxes have to be free! You can't just try to grab one either, they'll bit you!" Eak let go of Town's hand.

"If you want to turn back now, go on. I don't want to drag you into something you don't wanna do. But I'm gonna get that fox!" The passion in his voice gave Towntrap a weird sensation.

He always put a lot of effort in making new friends, but if they wanted to do something dangerous, he backed out immediately. But there was something about Eak that kept him from running back to the path.

"Fine.....but don't come crying to me when it bites you!"

"Got it!"

Eak of course, got bitten by the fox after he pulled at it's tail. Luckily, the fox quickly let go of him and ran away again. Some foxes keep biting, but Eak was lucky this one didn't. Ironically, Towntrap was the one crying instead of Eak. He only stopped crying when the caretaker convinced him Eak wasn't going to die from blood loss. When Town saw Eak again during lunch time, he tightly hugged him.

"Eak! I warned you, didn't I?! Are you alright?!" He didn't let go as he felt Eak pushing him away.

"Yeah, yeah! But let go of me, you're crushing my bones!" Whoops.

"S-sorry!" He let go of him and Eak exhaled in relief.

Towntrap uncomfortably stared at the ground until he felt something was getting put on his head. It was Eak's cowboy hat.

"We're officially carnals now, since you didn't leave me there to die. No one else can wear this hat, okay? Only you can!" Eak placed a hand to his heart and gestured towards Towntrap to do the same.

Town followed the other's example, except that he placed his hand on the wrong side of his chest.

"I promise, bestie! But what's a carnal?" Town cocked his head to the side at the strange word.

"My mom says it's the Mexican term for friends! But sometimes she also calls my dad like that." Eak proudly replied.

"Ooh, maybe it means lovers!"

"We'll see about that! I don't know what lovers is, but I bet I'm better at it than you!"