Café (Libby)

Requested by: XXSpaceBeeAngelXx

Type: Angst

AU: None

Pairing: Libby (Lilly x Abby)

Third Person's POV:

Abby walked through the halls, a somewhat shy smile plastered on her face. She was gonna ask Lilly out on a date today. Abby just hoped she wouldn't get flustered around the pretty blue-haired girl when she would approach her. She just prayed Lilly would say yes, even as a friend date. But she seemed to be rather fond of that guitarist from The Animatronics. She saw Lilly stand in front of the school's gates, ready to go home.

"Hey, Lilly!" Abby happily yelled from afar.

Lilly turned abruptly around, ignoring the odd looks the two of them got from other students.

"Oh, Abby! Hi!" Lilly sweetly smiled at her, and Abby melted inside.

"D-do you wanna go to my favorite café with me?" Ugh, why didn't she mention the date part?

Lilly glanced at her phone for a second before nodding.

"Of course! Let's go!" To Abby's surprise, Lilly took her hand and carefully crossed the street.

As happy as Abby was at the moment, she felt uncomfortable with the whispering she heard around her. Once again, Lilly didn't seem to notice or care. Lilly knew the way to the café, and she also went to sit in exactly Abby's favorite booth.

"What do you wanna order?" Abby asked with a grin.

"A vanilla muffin and a black coffee, please." Lilly politely replied.

"Huh? That's what I always order too!" The redhead excitedly shouted.

"I guess we have similair tastes then." Lilly said, offering her a stunning smile.

Abby got up to order their things, and when she came back, Lilly blankly stared out the window.

"So how have your dancing lessons been going?" Abby asked, trying to spark up a conversation.

Lilly turned to her with slightly saddened eyes.

"The teacher's been really stressed out lately, and she's been getting more and more aggressive......." The blue-haired girl muttered, awkwardly taking a sip of her coffee.

"What?! Just tell me if she ever attacks you, I'll finish her off!" Abby cracked her knuckles, except for the fact that they didn't really crack.

"Haha, thank you." Oof, there's that smile again.

Abby felt her cheeks heat up and she shyly took a bite out of her muffin. After a few minutes of silence, Lilly put her hand on top of Abby's. She nearly spit out her muffin in shock. What was happening??

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now....... Abby, I think I might like you more than just as a friend......" Lilly averted her eyes and a light color dusted her cheeks.

This couldn't be real...... Abby felt as if she was gonna cry of happiness. This was too good!

"I love you, Lilly!" Abby screamed at the top of her lungs.

The waiter who worked at the café questioningly looked at her but decided to not say anything about it.

"I'm so glad you feel the same!" Lilly reached forwards and kissed her cheek.

Abby gibberish-ly laughed and jumped a bit in her seat. This was even better than yaoi! And coming from her, that was something special. Lilly was better than top-quality, steamy and awesome boyxboy fanfics! She couldn't get any happier than this! Lilly glanced at her phone and gasped.

"I gotta go! I'm running late for my dance classes!" Lilly apologetically looked over at her newfound girlfriend.

"That's fine! You wanna meet here tomorrow again, same time?" Abby used her puppy-dog eyes and Lilly couldn't help but chuckle.

"Sure! I'll see you tomorrow then!" She gave her one last hug before running out of the café.

One thing Abby did find out was that Lilly had barely touched her coffee and muffin, but she was too happy to care at the moment. Lilly was there again the day after. They had talked about random things, had their first kiss already, and it just was lots of fun! Lilly also came the day after, and that day after, and before Abby realized it, it had been four weeks. They kept ordering the same things, and Lilly never finished any of it. But Abby also never took notice of it again. One day, Abby was alone in the café. She anxiously glanced around to see where Lilly was, but she couldn't find her girlfriend anywhere. Lilly's never been this late before....... Abby had asked the waiter if he had seen her, but all she received was a weirded out expression from the boy. Suddenly, the door opened and Abby looked back with hopeful eyes. To her slight disappointment and surprise, Fede and Felix walked in.

"What are you guys doing here?" Abby curiously asked as the two boys approached her.

"We heard from a couple of students that you've been at this café alone for a few weeks now, so we thought we'd keep you company!" Felix said in a friendly tone.

"Alone? I wasn't! Lilly was with me, y'know? Haven't I told you guys yet? We're dating now!" Abby said with a shy laugh.

Fede and Felix looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows but didn't reply to Abby's statement.

"Also, do you guys know why she never finishes her coffee?? I've been meaning to ask her, but I always forget!" She was starting to grow nervous with her friend's worried expressions.

Fede took a deep breath and Abby could see tears forming in his eyes.

"Dead people don't drink coffee, Abby......" It was almost like a whisper, but Abby heard it crystal clear.

It was as if her heart had stopped for a second. The red-haired girl stared at her friends in pure shock and she was starting to shake. No, no, no...... That wasn't true. That wasn't true, okay? That couldn't be real. She had just seen Lilly yesterday, and everything was fine with her! She couldn't be-

"She's already been deceased for three months now........" Felix added, looking down at the ground.

Then she remembered. It was like a vague memory, but Abby now remembered what happened those months ago. Lilly's ballet teacher had gone completely berserk and had shot up the dancing school she taught in. Everyone survived but Lilly....... Abby remembered how destroyed she was, how she had yelled at people and how she had fallen into a depression. Has she really been seeing an illusion all this time......? Maybe it made sense. Since Lilly never finished her coffee or muffin and since everyone always looked so strange at them when they hung out. They weren't looking at Lilly, they were looking at her. Because she was talking to air. Abby had sunk to the floor, trembling and choking on her sobs. Fede and Felix tried to calm her down, but they had burst into tears too. Abby just felt so stupid. She should've remembered.

"Dead people never return......" She whispered softly.